The Beast is Getting Updated!

Greengas

So, after lots of anguish, research, money (oh, lots of money), and frustration, we are taking our rig down to a shop outside of Pueblo on Saturday. While there:

1. Replace the Norcold 12cu fridge with a Samsung RF18 (we will be taking the Norcold back home so we can try and sell it on Craigs List)
2. Install a 2k inverter with autocutover and remote on/off
3. Install a 110v outlet (hooked up to the inverter) on the side of the bedroom dresser just incase we want to watch some TV while we boondock
4. Purchased 3 Group 31 AGM Deep Cycle batteries. 315 total amp hours
5. Rewire the 110v outlet in the closet (where the washer/dryer would go) to run off the inverter so our little beverage fridge will be happy.
6. Install the backup camera that came with our truck (purchased 30' of extra cable)
7. Install a TV mount in the bedroom
8. Have them find out why there is an awful smell when we turn on the heater (almost don't want to know the answer to this one)

As of right now, that is about it. We just want it ready for the Shakedown in Cherry Creek State Park next month. I'll post pictures when we get it back.

Very Very Excited for the new capabilities.

pegmikef

6. Install the backup camera that came with our truck (purchased 30' of extra cable)

Ronn, your Ford truck came with a camera to mount on the trailer? I have the King Ranch and did not get a camera (although there is a stub for it in the camera selection icons).

Greengas

Mike - it's a Trailer Camera option. I had my dealer supply it. I have not installed mine yet.

Well, I'll be glad to show you the install at the upcoming rally. I know that other cameras are more functional (you can see behind you while you are traveling) but I like that it integrates with the on-board system so...

Time will tell.

pegmikef

Mike - it's a Trailer Camera option. I had my dealer supply it. I have not installed mine yet.

Thanks Jim. I had Tim's folks take the furrion off my Big Horn and install it on the Oshkosh. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't supposed to get it with my King Ranch. I thought it might be an option as these dealers get all kinds of different options' configurations.

Flooringit

I’m curious why lots of folks use the Samsung RF18. I had a complete kitchen Samsung let’s say none of them made it 4 years. I did not have a fridge it was kitchen aid. But I’ve researched the RF18 all the good reviews are ones happy when it arrived plugged in and worked. All the bad ones are people who’ve had them awhile. I’m looking for a counter depth now. I’m tired of no ice in my norcold

Greengas

I’m curious why lots of folks use the Samsung RF18. I had a complete kitchen Samsung let’s say none of them made it 4 years. I did not have a fridge it was kitchen aid. But I’ve researched the RF18 all the good reviews are ones happy when it arrived plugged in and worked. All the bad ones are people who’ve had them awhile. I’m looking for a counter depth now. I’m tired of no ice in my norcold

I purchased the RF 18 because after asking for input from the Heartland family the only ones I got that listed a model number were for the RF18. One or two mentioned another brand but I could never get a model number to review.

As for Samsung overall, our house has all Samsung stuff and we have been very happy. But of course, YMMV. :)

Flooringit

I see why that fridge is recommended a lot it’s cause it 33 wide most are 36. I have found a couple more that are 33 wide and have the ice and water in door. But they are more money.