The Best Replacement Toilet

wdk450

Gang:
I still have the original Dometic 200 series toilet that came with my rig many years ago, I have finally decided to replace it due to the unsolvable water leaking out of the bowl problem. I have had it apart about 5 times, replaced the seal 3 times, replaced the ball, seal and valve once, replaced the broken ball shaft once. Also tried putting Dawn, Pledge spray wax, Thedford seal solution, and other liquids in the bowl.

Looking at the online reviews, the Dometic 310 toilet seems to have the most positive reviews, although there are reported problems with the water valve (which can cause freshwater flooding in the bathroom); and with the ball shaft breaking which requires an entire new toilet (there are no individual parts for the base section available).

So, what is the recommendation for a toilet replacement of this esteemed collection of RV knowledge on the Heartland Owners Forum???

SLO

The 310 is a good choice. I have the 320 because it is elongated and I’m used to elongated at home. Because the 310 is a smaller bowl it’s easier for the rim wash to clear debris from the bowl. One advantage of the 310.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

Yeah, I thought that the whole 300 series is pretty much identical as far as the seal, water valve, and flush pedal mechanism is involved.
Some Amazon reviewers say that the 3rd party water valve you can buy there is superior to the OEM Dometic valve.

mlburst1

We replaced ours with the 310 model 6 years ago - perfect fit and no problems with the new one.