The Rally 2011 (Good Sam) - July 14-17 - Redmond, Oregon - Anyone going?

jbeletti

Hey Heartlanders,

Is anyone planing to go to this show? Heartland has just made the decision to exhibit here. We exhibited last year at this show in Louisville as a last minute sort of decision when some space became available. While I wasn't there, I hear our dealer there, RVs For Less, did great.

Anyway, I will be out in that part of the country, having just finished up the Pacific Regional Rally in Sparks, NV on the 4th of July, and I am considering attending this event.

It's not cheap ($369 - power only) but if a couple partakes of the seminars and entertainment, it's not a bad value proposition.

I looked at maybe staying in the area at a state park or private CG. Review on most of the provate CGs are poor, 1 was really expensive and a nearby state part had NO sites over 40 feet available (all rented already).

So - are you going? If so, are you staying on site?

Jim

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Jim
We have been to 2 of the rally's and stayed on site. Yes a little expensive, but you can get back to your unit anytime you need a nap or lunch. We were drycamped with no problems at all. Yes it was "warm" but now unbearable. We won't be there this year though.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hey Heartlanders,

Is anyone planing to go to this show? Heartland has just made the decision to exhibit here. We exhibited last year at this show in Louisville as a last minute sort of decision when some space became available. While I wasn't there, I hear our dealer there, RVs For Less, did great.

Anyway, I will be out in that part of the country, having just finished up the Pacific Regional Rally in Sparks, NV on the 4th of July, and I am considering attending this event.

It's not cheap ($369 - power only) but if a couple partakes of the seminars and entertainment, it's not a bad value proposition.

I looked at maybe staying in the area at a state park or private CG. Review on most of the provate CGs are poor, 1 was really expensive and a nearby state part had NO sites over 40 feet available (all rented already).

So - are you going? If so, are you staying on site?

Jim

Hi Jim,
We probably won't go, only because I plan to be recuperating from surgery but we stayed at the Diamond Lake RV Resort (not state park which has small sites) and it was really nice. Its really woodsy and mosquitos can be a problem, but the sites are nice and full hookup. It is about an hour and a half away, which is a drive you might not want to make every day. You might also check out Crown Villa RV Resort in Bend. The sites are spendy, but full hookup and big rig friendly. The park gets good ratings. Mark has driven through it and we will probably stay there sometime. Bend is only 20 miles or so from Redmond. We live 2 1/2 hours from Bend in the other direction.

The time we went, we were there on just a day pass. We had a good time even without the seminars. There aren't many good RV shows in OR so the Rally is our best shot at seeing lots of vendors in one place.

Redmond itself is in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have much to offer other than the fair grounds.

Kristy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim,
We went to the Rally in Redman several years ago. It is a great facility. We did the electric only thing and if you try and register at this time you will not be able to stay onsite as it will already be filled. We stayed at one of their 'satellite' lots. The Rally did provide transportation to and from the lot we were on. The transportation was school buses which ran about every 30 minutes. It was very convenient. The entertainment was terrific. This year they are having Vince Gill, Bobby Vinton, and several other big names. It is all in the price. There will be about 5000 rigs at The Rally. For more info go to www.therally.com The seminars are great and bring lots of money as there are more vendors than you can imagine. If you want an awning over your slide or window you can get it there too. BTW - the satellite lot we were in was about 4 miles from the rally site and was a farm field. There were plenty of 'Port-a-potties' on the lot too. We had no problem with using our water tank and holding tanks as they lasted the 5 days we were there. The Rally is a great experience that we enjoyed. We have gone to 3 of them.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Whaa - that's way too many rigs. Hum - I think we will stick with the HL National Rally. The Nashville Rally was big enough that I didn't get to meet everyone there. Part of the fun of rallies is meeting new people but 5000 rigs is a little overwheming(oops spelling).

loafer

Hey Jim
We are going but staying at a KOA about 1/2 hour away .Cant remember town but (Shovelguy) Dean and Jodi will be there also.Hope to see you there if you decide to go other than that wont see you till Gillette 2012. Hope all is well with you and that your new home in Tennesee is coming along.
Stay safe out on the road
Bill

loafer

Hi Jim
Looked up KOA and its in a town called Madras Oregon about 1/2 hour away.
Listed under Madras/Culver small but seemed to get good reviews on RV park review site.

Bill