Theater seats

CoveredWagon

Anyone who's removed the theater seats (recliners) without destroying them have any tips, heads ups. I'm planning on removing them for reupolstring.,also anyone know if the backs can be removed easily?
As always thanks in advance,
Dave
We have a Bighorn so it does have a full size rv door whatever that is.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dave. I have not removed a theatre seat but have put one in. Or rather I watched the guys do it.
The backs do come off. They slide into a channel and they might have a little tab to push in.
There may also be flaps that are held by Velcro. If properly applied they look sewn.
If they are power recliners you will need to look for a couple of plugs as well.
This all applied to my seats by yours should at least be similar.

Peace
Dave

Piperflyer

Your seats should have at least two brackets holding them down to the floor in the front (mine did). Once you unscrew the brackets, pull the love seat out away from the wall. The backs of the seats will slide of the seating section by pulling up on the seat backs. You might have to release the backs from the bracket where they mount to the seat. Each seat is connected to the center console by two slots at the bottom of the center console sides. Just pull each seat up out of the slots. Don't forget to unplug the seats and just move them out the door. You will have (5) pieces when done. Easy job for one person, but two is nice to have.

CoveredWagon

Your seats should have at least two brackets holding them down to the floor in the front (mine did). Once you unscrew the brackets, pull the love seat out away from the wall. The backs of the seats will slide of the seating section by pulling up on the seat backs. You might have to release the backs from the bracket where they mount to the seat. Each seat is connected to the center console by two slots at the bottom of the center console sides. Just pull each seat up out of the slots. Don't forget to unplug the seats and just move them out the door. You will have (5) pieces when done. Easy job for one person, but two is nice to have.

Piper you had me worried for a minute. When you said 5 pieces. I don't have the center console.

BTW way what Piper do or did you fly?

Piperflyer

Piper you had me worried for a minute. When you said 5 pieces. I don't have the center console.

BTW way what Piper do or did you fly?

Sorry I took it for granted you had the center console. I owned a Warrior, 235 and flew a Seneca once in awhile

NTXNEWBIES

Along this same topic line. We have a 2021 Bighorn 3300 DL with power theater seats but no console (Thomas Taylor). We are wanting a center console but we are wondering if it is possible to add it and how can we find out name of the color we have and where to buy? I’m assuming LCI?

NYSUPstater

Along this same topic line. We have a 2021 Bighorn 3300 DL with power theater seats but no console (Thomas Taylor). We are wanting a center console but we are wondering if it is possible to add it and how can we find out name of the color we have and where to buy? I’m assuming LCI?
Do you have enough room side to side to add the center section? Am assuming the dinette and seats are on same slide? Adding the center section (at least in our Big Country) it's approx 12" wide.

NTXNEWBIES

Thank you for your quick come back.
I keep calling he furniture Thomas Taylor but it is Thomas Payne, sorry.
Yes the dinette is in the same slide but we are also making modifications to that area by changing it to a computer work area. This will expand the area by 12” or so to add the console.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think you can order just the consol. When I bought mine it was three separate purchases.
Pull it out and the lower back cover is just Velcroed in place. Look for a manufacturers label that might hold the key to the color.
Disclaimer here, yours may be different.
Peace
Dave

NTXNEWBIES

I think you can order just the consol. When I bought mine it was three separate purchases.
Pull it out and the lower back cover is just Velcroed in place. Look for a manufacturers label that might hold the key to the color.
Disclaimer here, yours may be different.
Peace
Dave
Hey thank you Dave!