Things I would change about my Bighorn

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Put a twist on gate valve on the dump outlet. You can then equalize the tanks manually. Chris
On my Landmark my lower tank is the bathroom tank. Therefore when I close my end gate valve and open my gray #1 & gray #2, the bathroom tank fills up first. So if his big Horn is the same it would make his problem worse.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

I can say we are the proud owners of a new 2017 3970RD. Not only have they put a switch outside the panel, its actually rt below the bottom stair on inside the unit before you even walk up the steps you can walk in and turn on. But wait it get better my unit has a light that comes on when you open the front door and when you close the door it goes off. Now how great is that!!

Our new 2017 BH3575el has the same automagic door open light. Chris

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our 2016 3160EL has windows all along the living room slide. The living area has lots of daylight coming in and you don't need the lights on during the day. The switches in the control cabinet need better labeling and it is dark in there! We will have to put something in there at some point. I agree with the carpet. It's cheap and we found places where it wasn't attached properly against the wall in the bedroom. May be an issue over time. Overall, we are happy with our rig!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our 2016 3160EL has windows all along the living room slide. The living area has lots of daylight coming in and you don't need the lights on during the day. The switches in the control cabinet need better labeling and it is dark in there! We will have to put something in there at some point. I agree with the carpet. It's cheap and we found places where it wasn't attached properly against the wall in the bedroom. May be an issue over time. Overall, we are happy with our rig!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have several of these in various cabinets including the command switch cabinet. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_10?k=motion+led+light&sprefix=motion+led
I also added a switch to the cabinet exterior for some of the ceiling lights...
816119bb6f431138ddae7ed7dd16094b.jpg

halshort

We just finished our first big trip of 9 weeks in our 2017 Big Horn 3160EL. Our overall feeling is that we love the floorplan and features. A few design changes that would be nice in our opinion:
1. The sewer outlet is much to low. Several times in full service RV parks we ended up having the sewer line essentially trying to drain going 'uphill'. It sure looks like Heartland could have the sewer outlet raised a few inches. Our Big Horn consistently had the lowest sewer outlet of any RV we saw.
2. In the bedroom the ceiling lights switch is down low on the end of the cabinets. Just put the light switch at normal height on the curved wall to the left of the entry door inside the bedroom.
3. In the bedroom there is one switch that controls both lights over the head of the bed. It would be nice if each side had a switch for the one light over that side of the bed.

C-Haert

...and my 2016 3160EL.

Ditto on the switches inside the cabinet...dark inside and hard to read with old eyes, especially when lights are out inside the rig. Install a magnetic switched 12v or battery operated light inside the cabinet.

Sharper corners on the main slide outs on the bottom edges of the slide outs. Ouch...cut a radius in them!

Self-drilling screw points protruding through exterior surfaces. Cut them back and cover with vinyl caps.

One battery standard...really?

An additional sewer house storage housing would have been nice.

Useless ceiling fan that gets squeezed between the slide-outs when they're pulled in...that got bent-up (TODAY!)

Drop those small shelves on both sides of the bed that can be easily found by a forehead in the dark! Ouch 2x!

No toilet paper hanger inside the cabinet door...again, really? And on a $60k+ rig???

Other than that...I'm proud of her, she's a thing of BEAUTY!!!

C-Haert
:cool:

mlpeloquin

One modification to consider is to move a couple of switches from the control panel behind that cabinet door and out to the pantry wall (see red circle in attached image).

Single, double and triple switches are available online and for the handy person, it's a pretty simple job to move the wires over from the old switches to new switches. I've done this for my overhead livingroom and kithen lights in a few coaches and I've helped a few friends to theirs too.

View attachment 38748

Jim, just look at that today. They would have to be put on the cabinet side wall. I could get the wiring down to the basement, but not into the wall near the bathroom wall where my wife would like them. Big Horn is a little different the your Landmark.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Jim, just look at that today. They would have to be put on the cabinet side wall. I could get the wiring down to the basement, but not into the wall near the bathroom wall where my wife would like them. Big Horn is a little different the your Landmark.

Although I added a switch to the cabinet wall
8cf20d371957f621d8d7549c62837046.jpg

Are you sure you can't install your switch(es) in the wall next to the bathroom?? If you take the basement wall down I'll bet you'll find you can fish wires up that wall. May have to make a hole but it's doable.
There's already a hall switch there plus thermostat & fantastic fan control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk