Thoughts on Awning Patios/Rooms

hdjeff

Greetings everyone

I am a very occasional poster, and have recently been considering an "awning screen room". I have looked at the Dometic Veranda and the Solera Family Room and wanted to gather any opinions of first-hand experience with either of these products. For example, ease of install, set up and tear down, etc.

Thanks

Jeff Gilbert
Pioneer RG26

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Years ago we had one for our pop up camper. A pain to install it, another thing to lug around and if high winds came it was a scramble to get the awning in.
JMHO

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Had one when we had a pop-up, too. Great to sit under (no room in a 12 ft. Pop-up), but a hassle setting up and taking down. Especially if it’s raining when you have to break camp. Once home, you have to set it up again to dry it out (along with the trailer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Had one in our old toy hauler and we put it up once in 5 years. It was a PITA to set up and tear down. Plus it took a lot of storage room to pack it around with us and was pretty heavy.

Rod

Kimmh012

We have the Carefree Zip on and off sunshade / awning and sides ... pretty easy to zip on and off, 2ft rolls up in your awning and they pack well in their little suitcase... buy longer thank you think, because you can pull out the bottom and it makes more room ... I bought 8ft drop and wish I had bought the 10 ft drop. Also, when we were in Goshen 2019, it helped keep out the down pour rain we had for several days pretty good...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Dometic Veranda Room is a good deal. You can order the 4-foot starter kit and then order additional panels to expand it to the size of your RV. Surprisingly, despite being the cheapest option, it's a lot easier to set up and take down than the other rooms mentioned above. Its fabric shade is quite tough and fire resistant. It's also water-repellent and dries quickly, So this model comes in handy when you need to pack just after the rain.

Last edited:

Routemaster

Take a look at these we had one on our caravan in England I asked about one for our last 5er and the 5ers are taller here than in England,
Den.