Thousand Trails Camping offer

fdechaine

Received an invite from TT to join them. They call it their 40th Anniversary special. This is a special offer that allows camping in either the Western zone (35+ locations) or the Eastern zone. We would choose the Western zone. The cost is $300 per year for 3 years. There are no restrictions on camping; we basically follow the same reservation rules and stay limits as the regular non-elite memberships. There is no sales pitch and the membership enrollment fee is waived (even after the 3 years are up) so I am having a difficult time saying no to this

Am I missing something here? Thanks

We are members of thousand trails and also active duty military. We liked the membership when we were assigned to areas where we could use them but for the past couple years have been in the MA area, where there are not alot of options. I think the membership is a good one as long as you can get to the sites. It also sounds like that is a very good deal for the money.... wish we could have gotten that deal!

ralphpam

We have a Thousand Trails membership with dues at $650/year. There are hundreds of different kinds of memberships and the rules change just about every day. I would want to know exactly what parks are included as there are Thousand Trails, Naco and Leisure Time resorts in the west all owned by ELS. There are also many different reservation rules depending on the membership. There are also restrictions with some memberships for high season use and how many reservations you can have for holidays. Also, in the winter many resorts can be closed. Get it in writing! If sewers are important to you check what parks offer them and how many are in that park. Sites are first come! Low power is an issue in most of the parks, especially when it is cold or hot and the park is busy. For the most part only 30 amp is available - 50 amp is an additional $3/day. Some are very difficult to get a big rig into. They are called "preserves" for a reason. Most are rustic, wooded and gravel/mud or dirt (depending on the weather) roads and sites. It is a good deal if you know what you are getting, can live with it and will use it! We have used our membership alot (full-timers) over 10 years, especially on the west coast and if you have questions on any of the preserves we can probably help you. Feel free to PM us.

fdechaine

Thank you for all the replies. We will be visiting a few sites tomorrow to see how the preserves look. If all is well then I think we are going to go for it

fdechaine

After looking at the main preserve we wanted to use, we were left less than impressed. We could definitely tell that these were older preserves that hadn't kept up with the times. Oh well, maybe next time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
After looking at the main preserve we wanted to use, we were left less than impressed. We could definitely tell that these were older preserves that hadn't kept up with the times. Oh well, maybe next time.

I am not trying to change your mind however TT is in the process of upgrading many of their resorts. This will take some time but I know at Lake Conroe, Texas they have paved some of the roads (they need more paving), added gravel to many sites, and put in a number of 50 amp connections. Every month in my TT magazine they list the improvements at the various resorts. Slow process but progress anyway.

robnmo

I am not trying to change your mind however TT is in the process of upgrading many of their resorts. This will take some time but I know at Lake Conroe, Texas they have paved some of the roads (they need more paving), added gravel to many sites, and put in a number of 50 amp connections. Every month in my TT magazine they list the improvements at the various resorts. Slow process but progress anyway.

Jim your right, they are beginning to upgrade alot of their properties. TT has a new owner under (ELS) the membership that most TT members had prior to last year no longer exists. But the TT preserves are a bit different environment than many RV parks.

jmgratz

Just found out at the members meeting that Thousand Trails is celebrating their 40th birthday. In honor of that ELS (parent company) is GIVING away FREE zone memberships the next two weeks. All you have to do is pay the annual dues ($499) and you are good to go. This is a never before deal and if you are interested ... WOW. To take advantage of this offer you need to go to the nearest Thousand Trails park and see the manager or sales person. To find the nearest Thousand Trails park check out their website at http://www.thousandtrails.com/. This membership allows you to stay 14 days at a time for free with 7 days out.

porthole

Retired
I can't find this program anywhere on their website, and it looks like what is available is a special - 1 park only - package. Any more info?

jmgratz

I can't find this program anywhere on their website, and it looks like what is available is a special - 1 park only - package. Any more info?

It will not be on their website as it is a special limited time offer. Find the TT preserve closest to you and call them. Ask to speak to the manager and then as the manager about it.

porthole

Retired
I stopped at one of the TT's while at the Jersey rally and picked up the info. Includes 30 days in the "zone" that you pick. $3 a night after that. Haven't read all the literature yet, but it looks promising.

jmgratz

If you are interested you better jump on it because the offer is over next weekend according to the manager here at TT Lake Conroe.

jmgratz

Our son-in-law and our daughter just took advantage of the offer. Now they can bring their Trail Runner to TT and camp next to our Landmark. Sweet. Nice to have you "kids" close to you. This really is a great 'once in a lifetime' offer TT is doing. We love our TT Preserves.