Tire Hardware

jimcat

Thanks all. Now, It appears I do not need all my sockets I have gathered over the past 50 years. Besides the lug nut ones.. what others would be needed for a 5th wheel?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I do not have a torque wrench that goes to 325 ft pounds.. In pretty sure I have the flange style nut on 17.5 in tires. I do not even know if I have enough arm strength for that

I don’t think there are many fasteners that torque to 325 ft.lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Thanks all. Now, It appears I do not need all my sockets I have gathered over the past 50 years. Besides the lug nut ones.. what others would be needed for a 5th wheel?
Take a 1/2" drive set, ones that fit the bolts on your 5th wheel hitch, plus other parts on your truck. I have a 1/2" & 2 3/8" drive sets. One 3/8" sets I keep under the rear seat of the Ram.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think the largest socket I used on our BH was 1 1/16" to remove the water heater element. Sure, you can get that cheap "socket" with a rod for removing them, but I found it a bit too short with the stuff on the face of the water heater. A socket drive with an extension gives more torque than that did. Other than that, the next larger 'nut" was the water heater drain plug/anode rod.