TireMinder or TST TPMS

jbeletti

As Heartland no longer ships Landmarks with the Valor TPMS and if I get a new F450, as Ford doesn't offer a TPMS for it, I need to consider a system.

Over the years, I've used Pressure Pro, TST and Valor. Each had their pros and cons.

A HUGE number of users here use the TST TPMS. Way fewer use the TireMinder product.

I'm really thinking about the TireMinder A1A system or their Smart TPMS system. I know there's at least one user here of the Smart TPMS (app only) system and many more using the A1A or precursor systems.

This all said, what does the forum say? :)

happykraut

Re: TireMinder or TST

I've been very satisfied with my TST system largely do to their customer support. However I've read some reports where the company is not the same as it once was. The 'O' rings for example use to be free and now they are charging for them.

Oregon_Camper

Jim....we've had our TST's on for about 6 months. Loved the setup process and I never lost signal, so all-in-all, I'm a happy camper. :)

The display is discrete enough, that I have it over in my wife's area in the F-350. It is her job to "watch" the readout. It seems liked she gets a kick out of reporting the information as we are about to leave. Then it pretty much just cycles through as we drive. It will sound an alarm and post a code if any tire hits the pre-determined point (temp or pressure)

Here is the link to the one we have on Amazon

CoveredWagon

Jim....we've had our TST's on for about 6 months. Loved the setup process and I never lost signal, so all-in-all, I'm a happy camper. :)

The display is discrete enough, that I have it over in my wife's area in the F-350. It is her job to "watch" the readout. It seems liked she gets a kick out of reporting the information as we are about to leave. Then it pretty much just cycles through as we drive. It will sound an alarm and post a code if any tire hits the pre-determined point (temp or pressure)

Here is the link to the one we have on Amazon

I too have the TST 507 system, but I had to purchase the repeater / amplifier as I was loosing signals at ramdom. Between you and me I think it's all those **** computers in vehicles causing the problems, but since installing the repeater never a lost signal.

jbeletti

Jim and Dave - thanks for the TST feedback. I've had one before and had dropouts. I hate when technology doesn't work. Rather pay more for something more robust. But with the 507, sounds like the repeater is the way to go when choosing TST.

Need more TireMinder feedback now :)

CDN

B and B
Hello,

Just purchased the Tire Traker at Goshen. Installed the free repeater as well. They work well and no issues with 10 trips out travelling this summer. I have heard about many TST customers with SOB having to replace sensors.

Brian

Oldelevatorman

We have the TireTracker. It works great. Had it on about 4.5 months since we saw you, Jim, in Amarillo. About 12k miles on it total. We had Tire Minder on our DP. Went thru a couple of DC chargers with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

We have the TireTracker. It works great. Had it on about 4.5 months since we saw you, Jim, in Amarillo. About 12k miles on it total. We had Tire Minder on our DP. Went thru a couple of DC chargers with it.
Good to hear from you. I remember meeting you guys. I think it was Oasis. We were running with Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck at the time. I think we tried to get you to join us for dinner. Next time! :)

How many years ago was did you use TireMinder?
Was it the A1A product or something previous to that?
Aside from the charging cords, did the system work well?
Operationally, do you prefer the TireTracker over the TireMinder?

Oldelevatorman

We had it for a few years. Don't remember the model though. I remember we bought it at a Good Sam rally in Louisville in 2012. We were moving back to California. Their tech support was very good. When it was time to upgrade we decided to go with Tire Traker!

Aandaar

Jim. I have now been using the TireMinder Smart Phone app for a little over a year. Other than the first issue I had with Bluetooth sending unit. I can say that I am completely satisfied with the product and the companies customer service.

I also like the fact that you can use the app on any device. I really dislike a cluttered cab.

jbeletti

I just found, then remembered, for what it's worth, that Minder Research was purchased by Valterra earlier this year.

jbeletti

Jim. I have now been using the TireMinder Smart Phone app for a little over a year. Other than the first issue I had with Bluetooth sending unit. I can say that I am completely satisfied with the product and the companies customer service.

I also like the fact that you can use the app on any device. I really dislike a cluttered cab.
Thank you for the feedback on this version! Like you, I prefer a less cluttered cab.

The in-dash head unit in the new truck would be compatible with Apple Carplay. That means that some functions of the phone can be displayed and used on the in-dash display. Let's say I'm using Apple Maps, that should show up on the display. In that scenario, I'd still want the SmartPhone app push alerts to be seen, either on the phone or on the in-dash display. I'll ask Minder Research about that.

BillGott

I have had all 3 systems. The Valor system, even after getting the longer cabled antenna, would never record 4 tires. The best I would get was 2 all the time and sometimes 3 and the back two tires never worked at the same time. I had the TST system prior to purchasing my Landmark. I would occasionally get a dropped signal. When I realized the Valor system would not work for me I tried the TireMinder system. I liked the amplifier and I installed it in the front storage compartment attached to the batteries there. In 14,000 I have never had a dropped signal from the TireMinder system.

porthole

Retired
Still using the TST, since June 2010. About 2 years ago I started getting a drop out on the trailer tires. Added the amplifier and has had no issued since.
And it is a simple 2 button sequence to turn off the trailer side of the monitor.

crussian

I just bought the 507 with the repeater. Have not hooked it up yet. Where did you hook up the repeater? I see it has two wires, guessing hot and ground. Just not sure if the repeater is weather proof or does it need to be inside of the coach (maybe up in the front compartment)?

C&J

jbeletti

I just bought the 507 with the repeater. Have not hooked it up yet. Where did you hook up the repeater? I see it has two wires, guessing hot and ground. Just not sure if the repeater is weather proof or does it need to be inside of the coach (maybe up in the front compartment)?

C&J

Cary - I think most people install the repeater in the front compartment like you're thinking. It gets it up close to the cab and there's power up there to connect to.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
My repeater is mounted to the pinbox with an on-off switch pulling power from the junction box and with a switch mounted right above the junction box. Both the switch and repeater use 3M body side moulding tape to attach.
(red arrow points to repeater)

Attachments

• Goosebox_TST_repeater.jpg
    Goosebox_TST_repeater.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 85