tires for Sundance

baseball5

We have a Sundance 5th wheel bunkhouse with 1 slide. It will be needing tires this spring and I have been told to stay away from the Chinese tires, only get tires made in the USA. It weights about 8000lbs loaded and has 225 75R15 tires on it now. Anyone have a suggestion on which are the best tires to go with. I know there are a lot of different brands out there to choose from. I have been told to go with the 10ply tires, they hold up best. Thank you for your time.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Same size tire that is on our North Trail. I'll be interested in hearing what brands are suggested. I think the factory tires are D rated, not certain. If it is time for tires, nows the time to upgrade.

tmcran

We have a Sundance 5th wheel bunkhouse with 1 slide. It will be needing tires this spring and I have been told to stay away from the Chinese tires, only get tires made in the USA. It weights about 8000lbs loaded and has 225 75R15 tires on it now. Anyone have a suggestion on which are the best tires to go with. I know there are a lot of different brands out there to choose from. I have been told to go with the 10ply tires, they hold up best. Thank you for your time.

Maxxis. Very good tire.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
X2 on Maxxis. Have held up very well in 15k+ miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owenfamily

X3 on Maxxis. Erika I want to know more about the temp in your underbelly. I need to come see how you did it one day when I get time which seem to be hard nowdays.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another vote for Maxxis. Previous experience on an 8000 lb. Travel Trailer. Good Wear and tread life.

wrgrs50s

Maxxis again, I've used these on 2 rigs I've owned. I went from the D rating to the E on my Sundance with the same size tires as yours.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Maxxis but.....be sure your OEM wheels can handle the 80 psi from a Maxxis 10 Ply rated. I had to buy new wheels, my OEM Sundance wheels were stamped 55 psi.

Last edited:

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We also have Maxxis on our 08 Sundance 3200ES. Going on the 3rd year and pleased with them. We ordered straight from the factory and had our dealer install them. I also have the TST monitoring system and really pleased with it. Shows pressure and Temp.

baseball5

Lee, Thanks for the info on the tires. Who makes the Maxxis? and could you tell me more about the TST system and where to get it. We live outside of Nashville in a small town called Nolensville, TN Looking forward to hearing from you and maybe meeting you one day. Thanks, Jimmy

GOTTOYS

Maxxis is made by Maxxis. It is a brand of tire onto itself. Many of the major tire retailers carry them or can get them. You may also purchase them online from various sources. They are about the #1 choice for tires in the size you need...TST montor systems may be purchased direct from the distributor. Just do a search for TST on the internet. They too are very popular....Don

ksroll

Sundance with upgraded axles, just bought new Maxxis and upgraded the suspension with equa flex and never fail bushings.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Maxxis is made by Maxxis. It is a brand of tire onto itself. Many of the major tire retailers carry them or can get them. You may also purchase them online from various sources. They are about the #1 choice for tires in the size you need...TST montor systems may be purchased direct from the distributor. Just do a search for TST on the internet. They too are very popular....Don

My Maxxis tires say...made in Taiwan, yet they are still the best ST tire for many applications.
I'm pro USA but who makes a quality ST tire here?

loafer

Maxxis tires here too on a Sundance 24 rl over 15,000 trouble free miles. Along with TST and you will be good to go