TMPS Readings

Oregon_Camper

On our last trip, the Bighorn tires were all around 110 PSI as we left home. Temps outside were around 90-95...so pretty hot. About an hour into our trip, the TPMS alarm goes off and one tires is at 125..other 3 were close to 120.

Question...if tires start at 110...what is a safe increase in pressure when roads and outside temps are hot?

09Busaman

I would also like to know. I was seeing a 10 to 15 lb increase in pressure and 15 to 20 degree rise from ambient temp. This is my first TPMS system and watch it like a hawk.

danemayer

In the summer, our Goodyear G614 tires would often go from 110 in the morning to 130 by noon. The G114 tires run cooler - maybe 122.

Lou_and_Bette

My system recommends setting the alarm levels for 20% above 110# = 22 for total of 132; 10% below 110# = 11 for 99 (mine won’t allow 99 so I set at 98#

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have G114's on my trailer also. Today The outside temperature was 84* and one of my tires went up to 130 and the temp was 100.
I have more weight on the rear axle, and like what was said above you need to reset your max temp and pressure higher.
Call TST and talk to Peggy and she will help you reset the levels to a better setting. And it also depends which side the sun is on.
Be sure to set the pressure on the tires in the morning. I run mine at 110 cold also...

sengli

I have G614's on our landmark. Ditto on the sun side tires getting notably warmer going down the road. My also errored out with an over pressure warning due to heat, but really only on one tire. I think it was because I didnt have the upper PSI threshold high enough, by making it like 140psi. I fixed that in the head units menu.