TN in early June or Sept

NYSUPstater

I hate to ask this, but need help in making a decision on when to go if we can go (based on travel ban) to TN. I need to reply back by tmrw (tonight in my case). Which time frame is better?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Right now there are no travel bans to TN, and I doubt there will be any in June or Sept. a lot depends on where you are going. If you are going to the Pigeon Forge area, Sept is a huge tourist time due to leaf changing in the Smokies. June would be my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jscanlo

We just did Pigeon Forge in October. Great trip, but still on the early side for Fall colors. I doubt you'd see much foliage change in September, especially early.

Kbvols

September is actually a pretty good time. No you wont see the leaves changing but it won’t be quite as busy as in early summer or October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
No bans on travel in Tennessee at this time. October is the most popular time for catching the leaf changing colors in the mountains.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I hate to ask this, but need help in making a decision on when to go if we can go (based on travel ban) to TN. I need to reply back by tmrw (tonight in my case). Which time frame is better?

We are heading to Gatlinburg the first week of June next year. Hoping all this craziness will be behind us...

NYSUPstater

As it stands, I put in for week of Sept 12. Think JWalker planned his trip around ours!!! LOL Still love ya Jamie!! Should I get approved, will be looking at Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Leaves changing no big for us as we have some great leaf peeping areas here in NY right in our back yard. DW was thinking more so of less people, lower temps and like Jamie said, hope this craziness will be behind us. Plus as a side bonus, I just saw that the Bristol night race is happening on weekend we'd be coming home and going right past it, so maybe just maybe might be able to catch that in person. Cough, cough, might be sick that Sun night and can't work if unable to get it as a personal day! LOL

How about it Jamie, care to switch things if I can get the week? I promise to not say your from PA! LMAO!!;);););)