Total Ramp rebuild

pharmafrog

I need to rebuild my ramp. It, as all of them are, is woefully inadequate and honestly dangerous to load my golf cart. the flooring delaminated from the frame etc.... I believe I saw, some time ago a post that walked through the process and i cannot find it. I have seen several, but this one reinforced the floor with box aluminum to provide the strength Lippert didn't I have seen the plywood rebuild on Youtube, I like the strength, but not the weight. If it comes to that so be it.

If anyone can point me to that post, I would appreciate it immensely. Hit me with what you got. Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Sowie

Look up Cyclone loading ramp failure started by Porthole. I haven’t figured out how to cut and paste the link on Tapatalk app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pharmafrog

Thanks guys, I did indeed do a search, but to no avail. Thanks for the links, but again, nothing points to the post I was looking for. So, now I am looking for inside info, so I can plan for the rebuild. I am looking to build a gelcoat skin, plywood, aluminum box studs spaced??, with foam in between, plywood, deck surface (either reuse or rhino line or similar) deck. Sound right to those who have gone before?

As i do not have a set of calipers in my hand, does anyone off hand have the finished thickness of the entire door? Saves me a trip to the storage yard and more concentration on build. I will step by step post the build. thanks for the info.

david-steph2018

We just recoated our decks this past summer, and I used Durabak.

It is the same paint we used in the Navy on the decks. We called it, "Non-skid". It holds up really well and helps to seal the deck.