Tote Tanks

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We are thinking a Tote Tank would be handy on occasion when the site doesn't have a sewer hookup. The first question to arise is...Where do we store it?
A 22 gallon tank will be about 11" tall and about 30"x20". Maybe brackets underneath towards the back of the rig?
I'd be grateful to see pictures from anyone who has conquered this dilema!

Gaffer

Mostly I have seen them on ladders. It would fit in the truck bed behind the hitch or in front of the hitch if you have no tool box. Then there is always the garage until you have used it then just bag it and put it back in the garage when you travel.

GOTTOYS

I hauled one around in my front storage compartment for about 3 years. I used it once and decided not to go back to that campground. My tanks are big enough to last me 4-5 days without dumping. Sold the portable tank and live happily ever after...Don

scottyb

I have carried one in back of the Mule in the garage for 1 -1/2 years now and have never used it. I have decided that if I do use it, it will only be for the gray tank in the bathroom which fills the fastest and it would be stinky. I was planning to pour some Clorox in it before I use it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
DH made a carrier for ours out of angle iron. He bolted two long pieces from one side of the frame to the other and the angle iron frame is welded to those. This allowed him to actually unbolt the carrier and move it from the Bighorn to the Landmark, as the frames are the same size...

Attachments

• 100_0001_3.jpg
    100_0001_3.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 71

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Neale - we camp every year for 2 weeks in a state park on the beach in South Carolina which doesn't have sewer hookups. Nathan carries a couple of extra 5 gallon buckets with lids and empties the black tank only once. We use the cg bathhouse for serious business but I ain't running there in the middle of the night so the camper bathroom is used. I wont tell ya what we do with the shower/kitchen water. Email if ya want to know. By doing this, we don't warrant purchasing the blue tank(but I now think they are grey).
B--

Sans1

I used ours twice in 5 years. I bought after a trip with extended family and the CG was stayed at only had electric/water sites left. We were using the shower and back them I only had 40 gal grey. Had to go dump twice while there, real pain when you have to close everything up just to dump. Of course haven't really needed since. Both times I used it was when I came back from the woods and didn't want to drive the 30 miles round trip to the nearest dump station. Mine took up space in the main storage bin until recently. Now i keep it in the shed in case I anticipate I'll need it for a trip.