Towing Test

Jv75353

My guess is that the hair clip pin might be rusted in place and needs some help getting removed!

jnbhobe

I remember when people used to cut through one side of a chain link on each side so if they lost it they wouldn't get crashed too. At least they made sure the break-away worked.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
With this, if the trailer comes off of the hitch it will take out the guy behind you . . . instead of you! :p
Not really.
In another life while I was helping my buddy and his wife move, this is the chain of events.
First the ball came out of the receiver, then the safety chains broke, then the trailer passed the truck on its way into the guard rail.
After the trailer bounced off of the guard rail an eighteen wheeler hit the trailer and everything they owned was scattered three lanes wide for a quarter mile.
Have you ever seen round appliances?
It was not a pretty sight.

Peace
Dave

Ladiver

Hope you asked your friend why they had their safety chains hooked up to the pull end of a cotter pin.
Well, duh. The bolt kept falling off the other side! Plus, even if it would stay, then it makes removing the cotter pin a pain in the ***.