Toyhauler Remote Fuel Tank Gauge

Good Morning the wife and I have a 2020 Heartland Fuel 287 Toy-hauler. The only way to currently see the fuel level in the tank for the generator is to go outside and look. I was wondering if there was anyway to check this without having to go outside. On the main panel that has the readouts for our tanks ie fresh, black and grey there is one additional spot for another item. Meaning that I can press the button and it says empty. I was wondering if anyone had either wired the gauge up that is on the fuel tank to this display or if someone had come up with another way of monitoring this situation. If someone has any ideas please let me know, if clarification pictures are needed I can do those later today when I get home from work.

LBR

Good Morning the wife and I have a 2020 Heartland Fuel 287 Toy-hauler. The only way to currently see the fuel level in the tank for the generator is to go outside and look. I was wondering if there was anyway to check this without having to go outside. On the main panel that has the readouts for our tanks ie fresh, black and grey there is one additional spot for another item. Meaning that I can press the button and it says empty. I was wondering if anyone had either wired the gauge up that is on the fuel tank to this display or if someone had come up with another way of monitoring this situation. If someone has any ideas please let me know, if clarification pictures are needed I can do those later today when I get home from work.
Most, if not all of the older CY and RW THs that have fuel/generator tanks use a selectable switch/gauge in the interior master console to monitor. It also includes a switch to energize the pump circuit for 15 minutes for safety and help deter gasoline theft.

Your 2020 without these options is sad to hear.

david-steph2018

On our Road Warrior we have a fuel gauge in the center you are describing. but since we have 2 fuel tanks we also have a switch to toggle between both tanks.
I would think you could easily wire a switch and gauge to the inside panel.

I did a little recon on the trailer today while I was working on a few other mods for the trailer. I found out that the fuel gauge that is part of the fuel station panel is made by the same company that made the fuel tank assembly. I called and left a message with ECI Fuel systems customer service, hopefully they get back to me on monday. I basically need to know what wire is what on the back of their fuel gauge assembly because there is no wiring diagram for it that I have been able to find so far. On the display panel in the trailer I have an additional spot to hook up and use the current display but again I need to find a wiring diagram for that panel and so far have been unsuccessful. I am sure that someone out there has done a similar mod like this or has some idea as to how and go about this.

Most, if not all of the older CY and RW THs that have fuel/generator tanks use a selectable switch/gauge in the interior master console to monitor. It also includes a switch to energize the pump circuit for 15 minutes for safety and help deter gasoline theft.

Your 2020 without these options is sad to hear.
Unfortunately there are a lot of things that are not in the newer units that were in the older ones. Some of the things would just make life for everyone involved so much simpler.