Trailer King RST tires

Tomnbeth

Care to say why you lost faith?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My coach is only 2 months old and already lost a sizable piece of one of my sailun tires. Had to stop into a Les Schwab to get a replacement tire so I could continue my journey and the technician told me that it was tire failure not road hazzard damage.

Attachments

• 20210712_090722.jpg
    20210712_090722.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 31

SLO

My coach is only 2 months old and already lost a sizable piece of one of my sailun tires. Had to stop into a Les Schwab to get a replacement tire so I could continue my journey and the technician told me that it was tire failure not road hazzard damage.

That is truly unfortunate. I haven’t heard of that with Sailun tires. You might contact Sailun and/or Heartland to see if there is any recourse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Based on the location of the damage, it would be easy to think road hazard or perhaps hitting a curb. But in the picture, it looks a bit like there's bulging of the main tread area. I think that might indicate tread separation. Even though you had to already buy a replacement, there's probably enough warranty on this that you might either be able to get a refund or at least a replacement tire.

Tomnbeth

Based on the location of the damage, it would be easy to think road hazard or perhaps hitting a curb. But in the picture, it looks a bit like there's bulging of the main tread area. I think that might indicate tread separation. Even though you had to already buy a replacement, there's probably enough warranty on this that you might either be able to get a refund or at least a replacement tire.
Thanks Dan. I already filed a warranty claim with Lionshead tire and wheel company because it was their brochure and warranty claim information that came in the document package with my coach. Lionshead informed me that they do not supply Sailun tires so I had to contact Heartland to determine that the tires came from Tredit tires. I need to file my claim with them.

Tomnbeth

Thanks Dan. I already filed a warranty claim with Lionshead tire and wheel company because it was their brochure and warranty claim information that came in the document package with my coach. Lionshead informed me that they do not supply Sailun tires so I had to contact Heartland to determine that the tires came from Tredit tires. I need to file my claim with them.
I filed a claim this mornig with Tredit an within two hours they issued a full refund for the full amount of the replacement tire. Now i think I'll replace all of them with goodyear G114s. never had an issue with them in 5 years .

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Tom, what 5th wheel do you have? I noticed your tire size in the picture is 215/75...

The typical Sailun tires people have had very little problems with since the early 2010’s are the S637, size ST 235/85R16.

Tomnbeth

Tom, what 5th wheel do you have? I noticed your tire size in the picture is 215/75...

The typical Sailun tires people have had very little problems with since the early 2010’s are the S637, size ST 235/85R16.

I have a 2021 Landmark Newport. Purchased it in May.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

The Landmarks have 17.5 in wheels, hence the different tire size.

Daley07

There are many things I love about this Trailer King ST Radial Trailer Tire: First, the enhanced shoulder design is something my particular trailer would benefit from through its ability to boost tread life and even wear, the center groove with help my trailer deal with all the wear and tear it’s going to experience on all those highways. Additionally, the nylon overlay adds to this feeling of this tire being able to handle the workload I require.

Last edited: