Travel Trailer Battery

bschimmel

Hello All

I just purchased our 2018 Torque T31 Toy Hauler 2 weeksnago. We used it for a few days and then closed it down for a week. I went yesterday to grab something out of it and the battery meter said the battery was dead. there was no load, nothing left on and it drained in such a short period of time. Does the Generator or shore power charge the 12V battery? Not sure where to start here.

Thank you

Barry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Barry and welcome the this great forum and the Heartland Family.
Your trailer has things that run quietly when it is not in use, such as the LP detector and possibly the 12 volt radio.
These will drain your battery in a couple of weeks.
Your inverter/charger should maintain a charge if plugged into 120 volt shore power or if you use a generator.
Be sure to check the electrolyte level in your battery regularly.
Check out the Owners Club as well as events that take place around the country.
Links can be found in the navigation bar above.

Peace
Dave

Oregon_Camper

I would say one of the following occurred:

1 - You might have left a light on. Did you flip the battery breaker switch to disconnect all items?

2 - You used the battery on your last trip and it wasn't full when you put in storage and the little items drained it

3 - (most likely) Your 50 amp circuit breaker has been switched off. There is a small button to reset this. Check that. If this happens, all 12v will still work while on shore power, but the battery will not be charging.

07c25c00ba026b654850ab5f52da5333.jpg

Lynn1130

I don't know if your trailer has one but if you do have a battery cut-off switch flipping that off when you are not using the trailer and not hooked to shore power will prevent the battery from being drained.

If you do not have one, they are not hard to install.