Travel Trailer quality ranking

Domi

I know that the 5'er's have a quality difference that is noted on the Heartland Webpage. Do the Travel Trailers have a similar breakdown. We will be looking to upgrade in the future and would like to know how different trailers rank within the brand.

Thanks,

John

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I had a North Trail 21FBS for almost 4 years and never an issue!! From the PDI to the time I sold it the only thing it cost me was repacking the wheel bearings.....One Super TT..... I only upgraded to a 5th wheel to achieve more space as I am on the road more than when I had the NorthTrail...

Good luck in your purchase.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We loved our Northtrail! To date it was the most problem free rig we have ever owned. Some friends of ours bought one at our recommendation and thank us for it every time we see them. I think the Northtrail is Heartlands "top" tt.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

pegmikef

I also had a North Trail TT for a couple of years and had no problems at all with it although I had to add a couple of things that are now standard in others such as pneumatic shock openers for the underbed storage area lid and an additional cable for satellite TV. The only trouble I had with it were the "blowmax" tires. I had two blow outs and changed all the tires to a better quality.

jbeletti

I know that the 5'er's have a quality difference that is noted on the Heartland Webpage. Do the Travel Trailers have a similar breakdown. We will be looking to upgrade in the future and would like to know how different trailers rank within the brand.

Thanks,

John
John - I'd say the North Trail represents our top of the line TT. As you move down in price point from the NT, you get different materials and finishes. In the Trailrunner for example, the wall framing is wood and the exterior is aluminum. This makes Trailrunner less expensive and lightweight. Still a great RV - just different. My son has a Trailrunner and they love it.

'Lil Guy'

Our 1st rig was a NT21FBS and we loved it. Had no issues with it and It was an easy pull for a 1/2 ton truck. We shopped the TT's from all brands and opted for the NT. Just felt better and you could feel the difference when you walked in one.
I don't think you can go wrong with the North Trail. When you are out looking at the TT's, walk thru the other brands 1st and you'll see the difference when you enter the NT. Good luck with what ever brand you buy and hope to meet you down the road.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Sundance TT may have a few more bells and whistles than the North Trail, but the NT is an excellent trailer! We loved ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macjj

There are a few RV REVIEWS on line RVT.COM, RV reviews.net, consumers reports and trailer life has some as well. The first two give a lot of consolidated feedback on manufacturing, reliability, and warranty. As well as options and comfort. I looked there before lagging on the Heartland brand, and have not regretted the decision

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro