Tredit and contracts for tire suppliers

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I saw this today, very interesting. Marathons have a reputation of being made in China -- And Heartland does not put these on their coaches.

[h=1]Goodyear Extends Tredit Tire & Wheel Contract[/h] Print
March 25, 2015 by RVBusiness Leave a Comment

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Tredit Tire and Wheel Co. Inc. have signed a one-year contract extension for the supply of Goodyear trailer tires to original equipment trailer manufacturers. The agreement is an extension of the supply contract originally signed in 2005 by the two companies.
According to a press release, Goodyear will continue to supply its Marathon ST tires, which range in size from 13- to 16-inch rim diameters. As a versatile, long-running tire, Goodyear Marathon tires are used on light and medium-duty trailers, which include RV, cargo, horse, and boat trailers.
“For the past 10 years, Tredit has played a critical role in helping Goodyear supply its tires to trailer manufacturers across the U.S.,” said Johann Finkelmeier, Goodyear’s vice president of North America original equipment sales. “We’re excited to extend our supply agreement, and continue this work together.”
Most trailer tires are delivered to original equipment trailer manufacturers as part of a tire-and-wheel assembly, relieving the trailer manufacturers of the burden of ordering tires, rims and valves, maintaining inventories, mounting and inflating. Elkhart, Ind.-based Tredit performs these functions and delivers completed assemblies on a just-in-time basis. Goodyear sells replacement tires for trailers through its nationwide retailer network.
For more information about Tredit Tire and Wheel and its products, go to www.tredittire.com.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Interesting . . .

I wonder what trailer brand those Marathon's are being put on?

Although I've heard through the grapevine that those Marathon's are not much better than the BlowMax's!