Trim that's curved part under bed area on 5th wheel

NYSUPstater

Question. The trim that goes from front of 5th and curves/wraps under the bedroom area downward to ground (on either side/end of front compartment), why does it separate/come away from the 5er itself? What do you do to keep it in place. Does it shrink up thus causing it to come away from the coach? Our old Cedar Creek did the same thing. Hate like heck to have to use screws to keep it in place. If I'm not explaining this right, I'll try to take/post pics (me and computers don't play well together) to show what I mean or at least point it out.

Thanks,

NYSUPstater

Gary521

From my observation, this stuff does shrink over time. There should be slots on each side of the track to hold it in place

Dmetcalf

I applied a copious amount of good quality silicone glue after I heated the plastic trim with my heat gun (being careful not to melt it) then did my best to push the trim back in place. So far it’s holding ( 6 months).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you mean the vinyl insert in the molding track, yes it will shrink/harden over time. Cheap fix to get a roll (measure the width, it comes 3/4” or 1”) and replace it. No glue needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

If you mean the vinyl insert in the molding track, yes it will shrink/harden over time. Cheap fix to get a roll (measure the width, it comes 3/4” or 1”) and replace it. No glue needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the stuff! Didn't know that could be done. Thanks!!

mlpeloquin

Vinyl trim shrinks. If you notice, at the bottom most are staked with a screw. When the vinyl shrinks do to UV or time, it pulls out. I replaced mine on my fifth wheel for the same reason. You can find the vinyl on Amazon, ebay, etc.. You just need to make sure of the width. It comes in white, beige, brown, and black. I had to replace the vinyl on my SOB around the entry door for the same reason. It shrank and pulled out of the track.