Truck and Trailer Safe Weights - HELP

CDN

B and B
Hi Shawn,

Greetings from Ontario

One question I saw you posed was filling the fresh water tank. In my experience towing my Bighorn with a full tank it did reduce the pin weight, not by 300 lbs maybe 100 lbs. I tow with SRW and have 3850 CCC with my Landmark loaded for 2 weeks out I am at limit. Stock fuel tank and a 175 lbs of generator in front of the hitch and some times 50 lbs of firewood. Generally I have 1/3 tank of water.

Mountain towing in BC, I plan on that someday I would likely have DRW prior to taking that on. Just my 2 cents worth.

Brian

shawnmuir

Hi Shawn,

Greetings from Ontario

One question I saw you posed was filling the fresh water tank. In my experience towing my Bighorn with a full tank it did reduce the pin weight, not by 300 lbs maybe 100 lbs. I tow with SRW and have 3850 CCC with my Landmark loaded for 2 weeks out I am at limit. Stock fuel tank and a 175 lbs of generator in front of the hitch and some times 50 lbs of firewood. Generally I have 1/3 tank of water.

Mountain towing in BC, I plan on that someday I would likely have DRW prior to taking that on. Just my 2 cents worth.

Brian

Thanks Brian. Thanks for the reply. Im trying to stay under weight. We are going to Arizona in November and just want to be safe. Last year we did Chilliack BC to Yuma AZ and back (5500 mi) and the trailer pulled well. This year I started to play with the weights and now its driving me nuts. Just wondering what other folks are doing with thier rig. Have you ever weighed your truck and rig at a Cat Scale? your truck is almost the same as mine,