Truck charging Rv

CoveredWagon

Is there truly a fuse as shown in the users guide somewhere between the truck power socket and the rv batteries? If so where is it located and what does it look like ? However all the lights work and trailer brakes work. Tomorrow I'm going into the junction box and checking for continnuity in the umbilical cord.
Thanks for any help

Flick

Is there truly a fuse as shown in the users guide somewhere between the truck power socket and the rv batteries? If so where is it located and what does it look like ? However all the lights work and trailer brakes work. Tomorrow I'm going into the junction box and checking for continnuity in the umbilical cord.
Thanks for any help

I don’t know where that rv fuse would be located either, but then again I’ve never had a reason to look for it.

I’m assuming your truck isn’t charging your rv batteries. On my Ford, this is the one problem that off and on surfaces. When I got the truck, the fuse for the charging circuit was in the glove box. The truck charges the batteries ok but every now and then while towing, I get a dash warning to “Check Charging Circuit”. I’ve had my Ford dealership run a diagnostic twice but they can’t find a problem. I will let them check it again when I take it in in March.

So my comment would be to check your truck to rv charging circuit on your truck for a blown fuse. Once again, I’m only assuming Chevy has a fused circuit.

CoveredWagon

Problem solved. Dan hit it right on the nose. That **** little reset button. I'd forgotten.
I'd already checked and there is power at the receptacle. I also need to do a little clean up in the junction box. The cable clamp had come loose. While he a in there I noted only 6 of the 7 wires from the umbilical cord were hooked up. NOW WHAT THE HECK,!!! Then I realized no back up lights on the rv. �� life is good again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flick

Problem solved. Dan hit it right on the nose. That **** little reset button. I'd forgotten.
I'd already checked and there is power at the receptacle. I also need to do a little clean up in the junction box. The cable clamp had come loose. While he a in there I noted only 6 of the 7 wires from the umbilical cord were hooked up. NOW WHAT THE HECK,!!! Then I realized no back up lights on the rv. �� life is good again.

Wonderful!!

Last edited by a moderator: