Trying to remove TV from mount 2012 Cyclone 4014

sdwelling

Hi Folks,

Just took delivery of a new 2012 Cyclone 4014 on Saturday and was trying out the DVD player, so my 4 year old could watch, as I fiddled-around. Lo and behold, no picture after running through all of the TV inputs, but the audio was working fine through the stereo.. I can fix this patch-cord business, if only I could figure out how to get the TV down! It's angled toward the couch, situated up high over the entry door. I could barely get my paws behind it to feel around for the mount. I read a few posts speaking to a "flat wall mount" but this seems different - might need to re-look it after I get home from work. any thoughts on getting this TV down?:confused:

sdwelling

For information only - got the tv down and replaced the mount. It was like wrestling a buffalo. Had to buy a 12" long phillips head to get under and over the TV to remove the board from the corner wall framework. Rewired the stereo so that video came out of the DVD player to the tv and replaced the mount with a motion mount so I can get behind the TV if I have to.:cool:

scottyb

Can you post a link for the mount that you used. I want to replace what I call "the Houdini" mount. I received a 12" long allen wrench from HL to access the set screws on the bottom side of the bracket. You have to remove the fireplace to access the holes through the hearth to get to these screws. I would like to install one that will give me free access to the back of the TV, when I want it.

Good looking rig you have there. If it had a King bed, that's the one I wanted.

Mizmary

We didn't remove the fireplace. But my arm went numb and in the end it probably would have been faster. As I would have used fewer profanities while trying to blindly negotiate that setup. We would also like a different TV mount and have been looking. If RamD ever talks me into a new TV (if the new tv breaks again, it won't take much convincing) a new mount will be part of the deal.

Don't forget to buy earthquake straps for moving if you're getting rid of the stationary wall mount.

sdwelling

I'm living in it for the next two weeks and will try to get a couple of snaps tomorrow. The mount is a $99 Sanus that I found at Target. I then went to Home Depot and put some travel security in place with some screw eyes and adjustable rubber bungies. So far so good - made it from Baltimore to Myrtle Beach.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mizmary

Scottyb- I was just thinking about you earlier. Costco has TV mounts on sale this week. Just a thought. I don't think it matters what mount you use - Most mounts work with almost any brand of TV as long as you get the correct one for the size of your tv.

One thing I would do (and will when we replace the mount in the LR) is buy some earthquake straps and mount them in as well. They are the exact same thing that are used to secure the tvs in the bedroom and garage.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Scottyb- I was just thinking about you earlier. Costco has TV mounts on sale this week. Just a thought. I don't think it matters what mount you use - Most mounts work with almost any brand of TV as long as you get the correct one for the size of your tv.

One thing I would do (and will when we replace the mount in the LR) is buy some earthquake straps and mount them in as well. They are the exact same thing that are used to secure the tvs in the bedroom and garage.

You can order straps from Heartland parts dept. they come in different lengths, so be sure what length you need. It is the strap with buckle & clips, and the two d-rings to anchor (no screws). I think I got 3 longest ones for less than $25.00, but I picked them up in Elkhart so no shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizmary

If that's the price - ordering from heartland is cheaper than buying earthquake straps. Even with shipping. Thanks!