TV Booster Question

floridarandy

Some time ago Jim Beletti posted the Coax Cable Schematic for the Sundance (attached).

Who is the manufacturer of the TV Booster on my 2009 2900 MK? I assume its a plate mounted amp directly behind the on/off switch and red indicator lite?

I'm having an issue with VHF Channels 2-13 that I suspect may be related to the booster?

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ssue-Need-Help?p=171910&highlight=#post171910

Any help is appreciated.

Randy in Florida

Attachments

• SD_Coax_Wiring[1].pdf
    196.1 KB · Views: 21

floridarandy

Additional related question. Where is the splitter on the "out" side of the "main tv/booster" plate that splits the signal on its way to the bedroom and outside tv receptacles. I want to check connections here as well. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dont know for sure where the splitter is but I kinda recall that maybe it is under the carpet in the front closet. I could be wrong, but take a look.

Peace
Dave

floridarandy

Addendum #2 - Am I mistaken in assuming the amplifier is located in the coach where the TV is connected. Or does my antenna actually have the amp at the antenna...thus making the plate and pushbutton switch in the coach merely the power supply to the antenna?

If this is the case then, perhaps, if there is an amplifier issue it will require replacing the antenna?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The plate with the red button and LED is the amp. Remove the two screws and pull it out. There is no amplifier on the antenna.

Peace
Dave

SmokeyBare

Yes the Antenna head has electronic circuit board inside it as well. If the head gets damaged, such as a break in the plastic case, there is a chance the circuit board could also be damaged.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok dumb question here so please excuse me. I had a booster in the last trailer but really didn't understand it then either. What and how does this booster work?

grizzlygiant

I was having trouble with my amplifier so I took it out of the circuit and have the antenna direct to the TV. Works great for me (but I seldom am stop in the boondocks).

SmokeyBare

By pushing the button - the switch - that powers the amplifier. That along with aiming the antenna to the strongest signal possible is all that is needed. When you point the antenna, the side of the antenna is the target you want the signal to face. Aim the antenna on the long side toward the Over the Air Signal you are aiming for.

Links to Locate where your signal should be coming from:

1. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

2. http://www.antennapoint.com/

3. http://www.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/

Marv

SmokeyBare

I should have also added that each time you have relocated the RV to a new campgrounds you will need to reprogram the TV to the Over the Air Signals in that area. This is done using your TV Menu and Remote to run through the process your brand of TV requires. Each TV is most likely a different process of programing the channels.

Stinger381

Michael & Kelly just expect poor reception in our area. I couldn't even pick up all the Montgomery stations while parked at the house. I keep my Sundance in Greenville most of the time and I could pick up a couple. Ever since they went all digital the signal went to crap and I finally gave up and got Dish for my camper. I love it and I even get locals when I travel to Tenn or Ga.

sharmulst

We just intalled the Winegard Wingman and it has improved our digital TV. We are in Imlay, NV and had to keep rotating the antenna to receive all the network channels. After this installation we haven't had to rotate it at all. The digital is not breaking up either and it was 26 dollars from Amazon.