TV Wall Mount

We just bought a Wilderness 2575 rk and are getting it ready for our first trip on Tuesday. We bought a new tv with dvd player for the bedroom. There is a label on the wall stating something to the effect "tv mount here". The sign is right below a 110v power outlet and antenna outlet. I tried drilling holes where the sign was located and there was nothing in back of the paneling. I took the cover for the antenna connection off and ran a wooden dowel down the inside of the wall. There was nothing there.
Does anyone have any ideas. I know I can take it back to the dealer, have the wall disassembled, and have a mounting board installed. I have also seen owners mount a horizontal board on the outside of the wall and mount the tv to that. I do woodworking and that is not difficult for me. However, I don't want to void a warranty and I also do understand the structural integrity of the wall. I would really appreciate any input or ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

There unfortunately isnt a lot of structure in these RV's. Usually how the TV's are mounted is with a large piece of plywood, screwed to the wall. And then the TV mount is screwed to the plywood. The plywood will spread the load of the TV out. Plus the piece of plywood is usually big enough to catch some of the internal structure in the wall.

Ours from the factory had felt wrapped around the plywood for decoration.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A section of hardwood plywood large enough to span two wall studs, Iron-on edge banding, stain and varnish and you’re in business. Probably better than what you might end up with if you have the dealer do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to Heartland about this. They told me that they did not put a backer board in this model, even though it is noted on the wall. Instead, they beefed up the studs in the wall to the right of this area. They told me there were two studs that had been beefed up to a 3 inch width. I verified this with a stud finder, the three inch studs were there, and they were 11 1/2 inches on center.I mounted a piece of redwood and then the tv mount. A walnut stain almost matches the stain in the trailer and all is working fine.