two black tanks

Grey Ghost

Has anyone every heard of a unit having two (2) black tanks? I never had until my kids bought a used 5th wheel and had the unit back up in the bathroom. They found they had two black tanks and one had not been emptied for some time. The handle to open the second black tank value was not easy to locate, but they found it and have since fixed the problem. Just wondering if anyone had every ran into this before?

farside291

Same here, one for the half bath down stairs and one for the master bath upstairs. Two black flushes also! Twice the chemicals, twice the TP. :)

farside291

Yes our new Cyclone has 2 tanks. The worst part is there are separate outlets---Twice the work!

Probably because your toilets are so far apart. Mine are pretty close and are plumbed to one outlet. Quite the rush of liquid when you pull both handles. Better make sure the outlet is firmly seated/screwed to the sewer connection or there could be a mess!

Jim-Lynn

The 4200 has 2 black & 2 grey. Both black have separate bibs to dump, the rear grey, when you dump it comes out with the front grey. We got used to it and like it.

pjones1969

The 4200 has 2 black & 2 grey. Both black have separate bibs to dump, the rear grey, when you dump it comes out with the front grey. We got used to it and like it.

Same on my Cyclone 3800, really makes you think when pulling those rear levers. I don't like that you now don't have the gray to rinse behind the black but I guess that's what water hoses are for, or if there is no line you can dump the rear black first then back up and do the fronts, provided no one pulls up too close while you are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why_Not

Jim & Lynn, I'm a bit confused by your post. We have a 2018 4200 (not much different than the 2016). There are 2 handles at the front drain and 2 handles at the rear drain, so it seems to me that black 1 and grey 1 are at the front drain and black 2 and grey 2 are at the rear drain. I am trying to figure out what fixture goes to what tank. I'm guessing that:
- The front bathroom toilet goes to black 1 and the front bathroom sink and tub, and the washing machine go to grey 1.
- The rear bathroom toilet goes to black 2 and the rear bathroom sink, rear bathroom shower and the kitchen sink go to grey 2.

wrgrs50s

I think I recall someone saying that in some instances the bathroom sink drains into the black tank. If that's the case there may not be a need for a gray tank in a half bath.