Two small bedroom mods

BANDave

These are in a 2015 4200 Cyclone Toy Hauler but likely apply to just about any RV.

Closet pole: When we added a reasonable selection of clothes to the pole it fell down! I added slightly larger screws to hold the end pieces and machine screws/jam nuts/ fender washers to the support brackets. These were bolted thru both levels of the closet shelf, screw head and fender washers on top, jam nuts on the bottom. Do Not over-tighten as it will pull the two shelf plates together. This transfers the load from a few screw threads in the lower plate to the entire upper plate. Not the best, but way better than before. We have a year of travel on both rods with no problems.

Bed: We added rubber corner protectors on the corners of the particle board mattress support. The ones we got on Amazon are no longer available, but there's lots of other choices. You'll need to add a screw to hold them in place because the particle board and glue don't play well together. Your shins with thank you.

Dmetcalf

These are in a 2015 4200 Cyclone Toy Hauler but likely apply to just about any RV.

Closet pole: When we added a reasonable selection of clothes to the pole it fell down! I added slightly larger screws to hold the end pieces and machine screws/jam nuts/ fender washers to the support brackets. These were bolted thru both levels of the closet shelf, screw head and fender washers on top, jam nuts on the bottom. Do Not over-tighten as it will pull the two shelf plates together. This transfers the load from a few screw threads in the lower plate to the entire upper plate. Not the best, but way better than before. We have a year of travel on both rods with no problems.

Bed: We added rubber corner protectors on the corners of the particle board mattress support. The ones we got on Amazon are no longer available, but there's lots of other choices. You'll need to add a screw to hold them in place because the particle board and glue don't play well together. Your shins with thank you.

This is what I came up with because I knew my wife would be loading up a lot in the closet. So far it has worked well.6D9C739C-9569-4B6B-B375-E5A80BAF9F64.jpg