Tyler State Park Christmas Lights

teasac69

This weekend, Tyler State Park (Tyler, Texas) is sponsoring a Christmas decorating program at the park. IF you were lucky enough to get a spot, you can camp this weekend for free if you decorate your unit. The best part is on Saturday night 12-13-14, you can drive through the park for FREE (usually charge a day camping fee per person) to see the lights/decorations.

We are taking our new BH and putting on the show. My wife is taking this very serious (like a competition or something) and I can tell you if you're in the area, our coach alone is worth the stop. Complete with lights, inflatables, small town picket fence, Nativity, elves climbing the ladder, just to name a few.

IF you are in the area or just drive out, we're going to be camped in spot 44 (I think) but I know we're in the Big Pine area and hope to see you there. stop by and say hello and tell us what you think. Guessing we're going to try to make this an annual event as long as we're still in the area. No way we can pack and transport all this decorating stuff so it will have to be if we're still at home.

Merry Christmas everyone, (still not afraid to say it).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh wow! I would love to see this. Too bad we are not in the area. I will share with my East Texas friends. Be sure to take pics and post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teasac69

RV Christmas.jpg

Had a really nice weekend after so much bad weather in forecast. Great night Saturday, nice flow of cars coming through and a lot of fun with everyone stopping by to see the hard work payoff. We're already signed up for next year, same park. If you're in Texas next season around Christmas, checkout the Texas Parks & Wildlife website and find a state park near you and go see the lights. Great idea by TPWD and great fun by all.

Blow up the picture and notice the elves climbing the ladder hanging lights. Can't say they helped very much but nice to have some fun guys around :)