UDC (Universal Docking Center) water leaks

Westwind

I'm going nuts looking for very slow leak somewhere in the UDC area, I have changed about 8 of the pex clamps on the plastic non-plex tubing and eliminated two other leaks but I have one persistent one that puts about a cup or two of water during the night on the floor, it appears to mgh be coming from the water connection at he outside shower.
Unfortunately the water pipe connection is PEX and not the flexible hose and since I don't have a PEX tool I'm reluctant to tackle the connection - any suggestions - I'm open to any and all!

Gary521

Re: Utility Door Compartment - UDC water leaks

Depending upon where the connection to the PEX is being made and the type of fitting, try Sharkbite fittings as specific PEX tools are not requred.

donr827

You might try wrapping each fitting with toilet paper and see if any are wet the following morning. Worked for me one time.
Don

Westwind

Yes, why didn't I think of that - toilet paper- I'm out the door with a roll of single ply - that should do it. It sure beats sitting inside the compartment waiting for a drip.
I've done that and nothing happens, but the water pressure does increase at night here, not a lot but it could be enough so the weak link leaks ( can you say that three
times).

Gaffer

Do you have a pressure regulator? If not, think about getting one with a pressure gauge. Same for the pex too. You can get them at any hardware store.

olcoon

For the first year we had our Elk Ridge I had a sporadic water leak in the area of the UDC. Sometimes the carpet in the basement was just damp, and the last time, I had to use a shop vac to get the water out, it was a mess! Sometime during this I thought it may be the outside shower, as I'd find one the valves slightly open, or the valve on the spray head open. I'd close it/them as tight as I'd feel safe doing & still getting leaks. Finally, I put shutoff valves on the back of the UDC shower fittings, and have left them off. Since I've done that...no more leaks. We never have used the outside shower, and probably won't, but if we want to use it, it won't be much of a problem to reach in & turn the valves on.

Bobby A

For the first year we had our Elk Ridge I had a sporadic water leak in the area of the UDC. Sometimes the carpet in the basement was just damp, and the last time, I had to use a shop vac to get the water out, it was a mess! Sometime during this I thought it may be the outside shower, as I'd find one the valves slightly open, or the valve on the spray head open. I'd close it/them as tight as I'd feel safe doing & still getting leaks. Finally, I put shutoff valves on the back of the UDC shower fittings, and have left them off. Since I've done that...no more leaks. We never have used the outside shower, and probably won't, but if we want to use it, it won't be much of a problem to reach in & turn the valves on.

Ditto !! mine did the exact thing and it drove me crazy for well over a year,

ElmerG

I have a 2013 big horn and found the same problem to be the brass fitting that feeds the outside shower head had come loose behind the udc. I tightened it and haven't had an issue since.

sengli

I had a slow leak for better part of a summer. Mine turned out to be the black plastic B & B bypass valve for the water heater. It had a hairline crack in one of the legs ( on the bottom side). It looked like it had been over-tightened on install. Also to get to it though, I had to remove several lines to get at it. So you will need some pex fittings and a tool to do the job.