UDC Valves

GWRam

Hope this is in the correct forum area.

From the documents I have found in the HUG and HOM Landmark, Big Horn, Big Country, Cyclone and Road Warriors have a UDC with an Anderson selector valve for water and winterization fluid inputs. I am in the process of remoding my UDC with the Anderson valve and would like to also add the single handle water heater bypass valve that the before mentioned units have in their UDC instead of having to spend another winter taking the basement wall down for each winterization. Question for anyone who knows. Who makes the Single handle water heater bypass valve I see in the UDC photos? Does anyone have a part number?

Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hope this is in the correct forum area.

From the documents I have found in the HUG and HOM Landmark, Big Horn, Big Country, Cyclone and Road Warriors have a UDC with an Anderson selector valve for water and winterization fluid inputs. I am in the process of remoding my UDC with the Anderson valve and would like to also add the single handle water heater bypass valve that the before mentioned units have in their UDC instead of having to spend another winter taking the basement wall down for each winterization. Question for anyone who knows. Who makes the Single handle water heater bypass valve I see in the UDC photos? Does anyone have a part number?

Dave

These may not be the same valves you're looking for, but mine were made by Swan Industries.

View attachment 31064

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It seems "back in the day," when our 2009 was built that they labelled all of the switches, breakers, fuses and valves. Even put G-rated tires on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57chevyconvt

John, you were fortunate to get the Swan Industries valves in your unit. In 2010 Heartland started using B&B Molder's three way valve that were in my opinion, j...... I replace my three way valves with Apollo valves purchased from Amazon.com.

GWRam

Thanks for the responses. Since the only part of the UDC I plan to leave in its current position is the grey and black pull handles, I have pretty much a clean slate. I have a few layout design possibilities I have measured and drawn out but until I start cutting the new holes anything is an option. Would anyone mind attaching a photo of your UDC so I could get some additional layout designs. Maybe mention things you like about your UDC layout or don't like about your UDC layout.

My UDC is such an inefficient use of space. Origianlly a quarter of the upper back wall was taken up with a monstrous outdoor shower box with a spayer attached that only dribbled at best. GONE To be replaced with a two knob faucet with a quick connect hose coupler between the knobs. Takes up 1/10 the wall space of the factory installed unit and Shoots like a firehose. Large seperate fresh water tank fill port and seperate city water attachment point both Gone and replaced with an Anderson 4 Way valve city water attachment assembly which is only slightly larger than the old fresh water fill port. And adding the water heater bypass valve from Swan when it arrives. No more removing walls to winterize. Oh, I am leaving the black flush connector in its original spot near the black tank pull handle. If the layout works as well as desired I will also add a filtration system.

Any UDC photos would be appreciated for layout ideas. Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It seems "back in the day," when our 2009 was built that they labelled all of the switches, breakers, fuses and valves. Even put G-rated tires on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were still doing that in 2011. Your photo looks almost identical to my UDC.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Here's the stock UDC in our '14 BH-all labeled with a schematic and directions to boot. Don't use the OD shower and would probably eliminate it if we keep the unit any longer than we are currently anticipating. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407334777.839941.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407334789.251704.jpg