Umbilical for 22LX

sarahm

Someone cut off the plug of the trailer umbilical connecting the trailer to the pick up. I went to open the junction box to see what the other end looked like so I can order a new one, but the thieves stole all my tools so was unable to unscrew it. As it is in storage an hour away, can anyone help by sharing what kind of plug would be on the connector to the trailer? It is a 7-wire. it is a 2016 22 LX Prowler. Thanks in advance!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Typically one end of the umbilical cord has the7 way plug while the other end is just wires that will be connected with wire nuts in the junction box.

Peace
Dave

centerline

I have heard of the shorepower cord referred to as the umbilical cord, but never the trailer light/brake wire.

get yourself a length of 7wire cord, some #10 yellow or blue ring terminals, and a 7way flat pin RV plug and make up a new cord and reconnect it to the junction box on the trailer..... if that trailer didnt come with a junction box, now is the time to install one, as the only extra moves involved in the repair will be installing the 2 mounting screws for the box.... with the jct box, any future troubleshooting or modifications will be a much quicker and simpler endeavor....

david-steph2018

Someone cut off the plug of the trailer umbilical connecting the trailer to the pick up. I went to open the junction box to see what the other end looked like so I can order a new one, but the thieves stole all my tools so was unable to unscrew it. As it is in storage an hour away, can anyone help by sharing what kind of plug would be on the connector to the trailer? It is a 7-wire. it is a 2016 22 LX Prowler. Thanks in advance!
Generally, this is a common round 7-wire plug. The TSC I went to yesterday had some in their trailer section.