Underbelly

I had to get into the underbelly to replace a bad black tank valve on my 2013 Bighorn 3260 Elite with the Yeti package. There is a long electrical cord that appears to be a heating element for components in the underbelly that rubbed on the road after it fell through the taped opening that failed. I want to replace that what appears to be a long , maybe 20', cord that plugs into a 110 outlet. Any help on where I could find that outlet would be great, thanks.

danemayer

A 20' cord in the underbelly, that plugs into an outlet, sounds like something added by a previous owner. A possible outlet would be where the Power Converter plugs in. However, that receptacle is a dedicated 20 amp circuit. Running a heater of some kind on that circuit could overload it when the Power Converter demands maximum power.

In any case, it would be behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. It's also possible the prior owner installed a receptacle somewhere, in which case, it would be a matter of tracing the damaged wire back to its source.

If the undamaged part of the wire is still plugged in, you might consider getting a water-tight junction box to mount in the underbelly and join new wires to the old ones in that box.