Unknown Black Tubular Bar

karlozols

Have a 2021 33RETS. Found this approx 3' long and approx 1.5" black tubular bar under the master bed storage compartment. It has silver eyelid connector on one end and a three drill holes on the other end. Trying to figure out what its for and where does it go.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Pictures attached
trailer%20bar%201.jpg

danemayer

Hi karlozols,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Unfortunately your picture didn't come through. As a spam prevention measure, forum software won't allow post of pictures until you've had several posts approved by moderators.

You can link to a picture posted to Google or some other web location.

Partsbob

If your NT has a fold-down rack on the back, it’s a post to secure bicycles to the rack, fitting into the receiver in the center of the rack.

I purchased a 2021 21RBSS with the folding rear rack and it too has the ominous square tube in the under bed storage compartment. The sales folks told me they have no idea what it is for and leave it up to owners to search out. Also, there are larger sockets located on two corners of the rack that I have no idea what they are for either. I have emailed Heartland RV but they obviously don't reply to emails. Sue would be nice if the created "Owner's Manuals" for their products, like when you buy a car/truck, to tell you what things are.​

danemayer

Hi themariner,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Can you share the dimensions and what makes it ominous. Also, while forum software won't yet allow you to post pictures, if you post a picture to google drive or another website, you can link to it here so others can see what it is.

If your NT has a fold-down rack on the back, it’s a post to secure bicycles to the rack, fitting into the receiver in the center of the rack.

I got that the center socket/receiver is for the provided square tube, but what about the other two, larger, sockets/receivers on the two corners? I see a picture that appears to show a barbeque attachment in one of the corner locations, but what attachment is that?

Partsbob

The larger socket on the door side of the trailer is for the grill mount that typically came with the Caliber models. The grill and brackets came in a fairly large box that would likely be under the bed when delivered to the dealer. When we bought ours, I had to question the dealer why a “grill” was listed as included, but it wasn’t in the camper when we picked it up. They did have it, having removed it to keep it from being stolen while on display on the lot.