Upgrade from 2009 3055RL to 2015 or 2017 3875FB

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So the DW and I have been researching and looking at a LOT of fivers over the last year. Our plan is to head south in November to avoid the Michigan winter and just float around in the warm zone until the weather warmed up here in the north. We were going to do that in our current 3055RL, but there are some issues with the exterior that time will not make any better and the value will only go down with each new release of NADA. All that being said, we have found (2) 3875FB models that the DW really likes. One is a 2015, and the other a 2017. It appears that both have never been owned before. I'm positive of that on the 2017 as we looked at it today. The 2015 is at a dealership that we are going to visit early next week.

My questions are these:

(1) Are there some current/past owners of this model that would care to let us in on their pros/cons?

(2) I have suffered a couple small areas of delamination on our current model. Has there been any changes in the
process Heartland uses on their bonding that would make this less likely in these newer models.

Thx. in advance for any info/feedback.

Noofear

I have the 2015 FB3875, I've lived in it full time for 21 months and have had no major issues and only a few small ones, mostly cosmetic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I have the 2015 FB3875, I've lived in it full time for 21 months and have had no major issues and only a few small ones, mostly cosmetic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks Noofear. Good to know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Having seen a number of your posts I know you know this but on the 2015 you need to check all of the caulking and get a straight story on why it has been a lot queen.

Like Ke run the VIN to insure it has not been tagged prior to now.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Having seen a number of your posts I know you know this but on the 2015 you need to check all of the caulking and get a straight story on why it has been a lot queen.

Like Ke run the VIN to insure it has not been tagged prior to now.
Yes Gary that is one of my questions. Curious about the caulk joint comment though. Did you say that because generally those are areas of concern, or is there an issue with them on this model as opposed to other HL's?

Also I did run the listed VIN one a few free VIN c heck sites. Nothing showed on any of them, and some couldn't find it. Is there a better way that you might recommend?

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Well we had a camping trip already planned and site reserved half way to Lansing and Gillette's RV, so it worked out well to go view the unit yesterday. They had it in the shop and we spent and hour looking it over and kicking tires. Only found seven items that we listed on paper for them to address. Biggest item was an area of exterior side wall on door side just above basement hatch that looked like it had not been bonded quite right. We were assured it would be corrected, and I assured them the deal would be off if it wasn't to our satisfaction when we return in a couple weeks for the PDI.

All in all, the unit was beautiful and the wife is really happy with it which is half the battle. One of the big things in her list was that the small window over the counter in the kitchen opens on the 2015 where it did not on the 2017.
f4143e085bdb4ca7b23c7b851cc9005b.jpg
2f0296e80b5d51d1c102c0bbccf11d64.jpg
8d2f5e30ddd693c439ab5d40b4878511.jpg
496d3ca5479d50f04243736d6ee0dd21.jpg

Garypowell

You could call HL about Vin and see what they say.

I'd also be curious about warranty to be assured, since it is a new coach, that the factory warranty is in full force as well as the sub suppliers.

My biggest concern would be over the supplies stuff like microwave, furnace, A/C, etc.

if you are getting a super deal you might want to consider an extended warranty plan. Mine has beengreat and paid for itself.

I will I'll tell you from your pictures their "shop" looks really clean. Not that this tells the whole story but it is a nice indication.

Keep us posted.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I did specifically ask about warranty and was told it had same 1 yr warranty that all new units have. I would think that covers top to bottom.

We did take out a protection plan that runs for 7 yrs that applies a polymer coating to exterior and a stain guard to interior fabrics, carpeting, etc. It better be noticeable at the PDI.

NYSUPstater

Nice looking rig. One thing I noticed tho. The driver's side basement door appears to open up rather than sideways or does it open sideways? With the slide out, you'll have to duck a lot more so your neck doesn't get nailed by door. Saw this type of design on a new Montana and both son and I said WTH? Also, is pass basement door help open w/ struts? FWIW, inquire too to see if dealer would be willing to add slide toppers at reduced cost seeing it's been on their lot for awhile now---can't hurt. When was unit made? Data label on left side?

uncledon

Her chauffeur
The off door basement hatch does open up and I actually checked to make sure it wasn't contacting the edge of the slide. I agree that opening sideways has advatages, but I didn't find access constricting on this unit. The door side has a magnetic catch, the off door has gas assists.

One thing that I did not like was that the LCI level control is located inside the door side basement hatch. I guess the thinking is its the DW'S job to operate that.

NYSUPstater

Our level up is in left basement door as well. Both my wife and I and our son have specific jobs for hooking/unhooking. One of the jobs is our son's (tho wife wants to do it---which isn't a bad things really) is to operate the front jacks and level up. Told him I was going to get him a shirt (hmmmmmmm Christmas gift perhaps!) like a officer on a boat would have and have the letters or nameplate put on it that reads "COCO" for Chief Operating Control Officer.

The left basement door on our BC swings which is okay except can be a PITA to keep open. I didn't see magnets on your right door pic, hence my question. I really like that set up w/ the mags.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
A quick update...after getting written confirmation from factory on a Spring date for warranty coverage on the issues we already low about, we made the deal and now have our new BH.