Upgrade: Sundance 2900mk to Bighorn 3010re

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
We sign the paperwork this Saturday with Manteca Trailer, Manteca, CA! Will have it delivered to Reno, NV next week. Delivered across state line to save not paying California sales tax. Hope to get it out a couple of times before the snow flys. DW and I still working for another 7.5 years. Really love the floor plan in the 3010re...especially the king bed...gives us more room what with the two cats that hog the whole bed.

MOVIN ON UP!!!!

ChopperBill

Good choice! We would have considered the 3010RE if it had the island kitchen when we where ordering out 3610RE. I like the shorter length. My backing skills are a little lacking for this long trailer plus I wouldn't have had to give up Double towing.

danemayer

If you get a CA title & tag, do you have to pay CA sales tax? We bought in Indiana but still had to pay TX sales tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sjs731

If you get a CA title & tag, do you have to pay CA sales tax? We bought in Indiana but still had to pay TX sales tax.

We bought in MI and live in WI. The dealer issued a MI tag good for 3 days and then we registered and paid sales tax when we got back to WI. I would think most states are that way but who knows with CA.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Also, in TX, if you don't pay the sales tax within 21 days, there's a 10% penalty when you do file for the title etc. I got home on day 19 and filed on day 21 - just lucky. They told me if I had been 1 day later it would have cost almost $400 more.