Upgrade to bighorn 3010re

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
DW and I are looking to upgrade from our 2010 Sundance 2900mk to the 2013 Bighorn 3010re. We pull with a 2007 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.6 Duramax. Anyone out there that has the same setup, any issues pulling the 3010re? Also any comments good or bad about the 3010re would be appreciated. Can't wait to move up from the mid-profile.

Happy camping to all as the summer winds down here in Northern Nevada!
George

azdryheat

While I don't have the 3010re, my 3/4 ton Duramax pulls my trailer just fine and it is the same size and weight as the 3010re. One thing I did add was Firestone airbags to lift the back end up. I'm considering the 3010re myself.

tds3010

We're pulling a 2 week old 3010re with a 2009 GMC 2500HD Extd Cab with the 6.6 Duramax/Allison. No problem at all! In fact, it "seems" to pull and ride better than our previous mid-profile 5th which was about 2500 lbs lighter. This might be due in part to the Mor-Ryde hitch. Truck is pretty much level when the 3010 is hooked up. Still thinking about putting on air bags though. Mileage didn't seem to change much either. Do feel the increased weight somewhat when stopping but that didn't take long to get used to. Keeping the tranny in tow/haul mode handles it very well.

danemayer

We're pulling a 2 week old 3010re with a 2009 GMC 2500HD Extd Cab with the 6.6 Duramax/Allison.
Hi tds3010,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information here and will be able to join in with many other owners in sharing information and helping one another.

sjs731

I tow a 2012 Sundance 3300CK with my 2007 2500HD Duramax. Tows just fine. It is similar in weight to the 3010re. My hitch weight is 2000 lbs dry.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TahoeCamper

tds3010,
Have you had any issues in the past 2 weeks with the 3010re? I installed the Firestone air bags and they work great, run about 75 lbs of air when towing. It keeps the rig nice and level.
Happy camping with your new Bighorn.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
TahoeCamper, 75psi sounds kinda high.
I have the same truck and I run mine at around 36psi. That is the pressure before hitching up. My pin weight is 2975.
Most others I have talked to run similar pressures.
You may get a little better ride with reduced pressure and still remain level.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I run my airbags at 15-20 PSI before hooking up. The pressure goes up when I am hitched. That's all I need to level it up. Any more than that and it rides like a errr....truck..Don

TahoeCamper

Thanks for the advice. Taking last camping trip to Lake Tahoe next week and will try the lower setting on the airbags. I run 10-15 psi when not hooked-up. DW and I have decided to wait till next year on the purchase of the 3010re Bighorn as our respective employers are going thru a "restructuring"=higher profits. After 32 yrs and 21 yrs with our employers, not quite sure of our place in the restructuring yet. Who knows, might be living in the Sundance down by the river :(.

Dave-your closing "Peace"...we didn't by chance meet at Woodstock in '69?

George