Urbanna, VA Rally Discussion Thread

Louba

This was our first rally of any kind and we had a great time. We plan on coming to Goshen next year for sure. Met some great folks but too many that we didn't get to talk to yet. Even got to connect with an ex-coworker from way back. Enjoyed the seminars and the get togethers. A big thank you to all the organizers and helpers who did a great job. Never got a chance to try a Nelly Muffin unfortunately but hope to the next time.

Lou

szewczyk_john

Our family had a great time at the rally as well. I attended most of the seminars and learned something at each of them. I would like to thank all those that made this rally a hit as well. I would like to make a suggestion for next years rally. Can we see about getting a representative from Onan to give a generator care and usage seminar? I think this might be overlooked as so many of our members opt out of getting the generator. I use mine and in fact, this rally was only the third time in which my power cord was used over my 3 years of ownership.

Just one negative thought on the rally. It got way too crowded and noisy Friday night and Saturday. Beth Page did a horrible job of enforcing the quiet hours especially for those of which selected a spot closer to the main roadway. This is just my opinion and should not be considered a slight against any of the core team members. My bone of contention is against the campground. I guess that is what we have to deal with when so many members want to attend the national rally and we have to use such a large facility?

porthole

Retired
Great idea on the Onan tip John! I would have liked a few minutes or more with an Onan rep, especially about the lack of carb repair kits now.

Campground traffic - Friday night it was downright dangerous to walk down that main road. Between the golf carts and gangs of kids on bikes.

I had more then a few kids on bikes play "chicken" with me when walking Molly, seeing just how close they could fly by us without hitting us. The golf carts ran rampant throughout the park. Some noisy gas jobs and many with stereos.
This was around 10:30 pm.

But, on Saturday night we were out later and it was like someone threw a light switch at 11 pm!
Kids gone, carts parked etc.

Kevin W even got yelled at for being out on the cart after 11.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
BethPage has long had issues with noisy weekend nights and overcrowded streets. Guess it's partly a function of the size and the number of "kids" there on the weekends. By Sunday evening, things had really quieted down. We left late Monday morning. Think there were six Heartlanders (mostly core team) still there when we pulled out. Had a great time, and fared well in the door prize department. My win actually ended up benefiting two of us. Seminars were informative and we probably spent too much with the vendors, but hey - you can't take it with you. Hope to see all again next year. Goshen is on the 2015 rally planning list.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this rally happen. Our first national and we had a great time.I was so tired every night I didn,t hear any noise.
Walter and Linda Wesr

hcriddle

I think it would be more of "which one doesn't"

Hey Buddy, sorry you couldn't make it and we missed ya, and I hope we lived up to the expectations for the Homes For Heros drive

We really missed being there. First one we have missed in 4 years. We will have a lot of making up to do in Goshen next year. I am sure the totals on the Homes for Heroes will be great. I know the South Texas Chapter is going to be giving to them in October so this should carry on for a while I hope. I have been looking around Goshen while I am here to see what we might be able to do for next year.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Photos of the couples are now posted on my Drop Box and Shared.

If you do not have a drop box account already - I would ask that you sign up for one with the following link ( I get extra storage when you do ) although this is not required, it is free and you can also install the application on your smart phone and access the important files from anywhere.

Link for the photos, which are available for full size down load is: Get Photos Here

Drop Box Sign up link:

(this was cross posted on the NE Owners Facebook Page as well.)

Last edited:

jbeletti

...I would like to make a suggestion for next years rally. Can we see about getting a representative from Onan to give a generator care and usage seminar? I think this might be overlooked as so many of our members opt out of getting the generator. I use mine and in fact, this rally was only the third time in which my power cord was used over my 3 years of ownership...

Great idea. Added to the list of things to consider for Goshen 2015! Thanks John

Rodbuster

HEY, why can't you guys use your own bathroom?
The "Usual Cast of Characters"

Caption Contest Challenge ?

5uqequhe.jpg

wildwolfproducts

Great idea. Added to the list of things to consider for Goshen 2015! Thanks John

Any ideal's on the dates for Goshen 2015? We plan on making it for sure. But also have plans for yellowstone in june 2015 and don't want both to fall the same part of the month.
Pete

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Caption:

"Hmmm, What do you think?"
"I think we need to discuss this. What do you think?"

jimpav

Any later than the first couple of weeks in June, then more people have made more plans already. Summer goes quickly.

wildwolfproducts

From one of the powerpoint slides at the Urbanna rally: June 15-21, 2015
Thanks we will put off our Yellowstone trip until July 4th. Give us a week home and then head out for a 2 week trip out west. Plan on leaving home june 13th heading north for the Goshen 2015 and get there Sunday evening or Monday. Stay until Saturday evening and head back home. Will make our reservations as soon as its posted up where we can make them.
Pete

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Pete - the pre-rally usually starts on Thursday or Friday before the actual rally's date so if ya'll can make it either on the June 11th or 12th, you should have plenty of time to visit all of the countryside as well as participate in some of the early stuff. As Malcolm stated, the rally dates are Tuesday - Sunday, June 16-21, 2015. We are planning on coming in probably on Saturday the 13th so hope to see you there.
B--

wildwolfproducts

Pete - the pre-rally usually starts on Thursday or Friday before the actual rally's date so if ya'll can make it either on the June 11th or 12th, you should have plenty of time to visit all of the countryside as well as participate in some of the early stuff. As Malcolm stated, the rally dates are Tuesday - Sunday, June 16-21, 2015. We are planning on coming in probably on Saturday the 13th so hope to see you there.
B--
Thanks it looks like we will be there the 13th after lunch.
Pete