Urbanna, VA Rally Discussion Thread

jbeletti

2014-NAHOR-547x248.jpg
Please use this thread to discuss the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Urbanna, VA, June 12-15, 2014. Also, be sure to check out the Rally Portal for a growing list rally related articles.

Below is a image of the Rally Portal page. To access to Rally Portal via simple navigation, from the top of any forum screen, click on Portals (A), then click on Rally Portal (B). Scroll up and down the Rally Portal to see the various rally related articles or click on the Rally Quick Links (C) in the area to the right of the page.

Rally_Portal.jpg

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The VA Rally is being held at Cape Hatteras on the Outer Banks of North Carolina over a month before the N. American Rally.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
The VA Rally is being held at Cape Hatteras on the Outer Banks of North Carolina over a month before the N. American Rally.

Yes but........According to the rally portal the National Rally is June 12 thru 15 with a "Pre-Rally" from the 8th thru the 11th. As soon as JB will allow it, we plan on signing up for both!!

jbeletti

A pre rally rally in the works?

inquiring minds need to now for December 1st picks of 2014 vacation

Yes - pre-rally held at Bethpage from Sunday through Wednesday, June 8-11. There is nothing yet planned for the pre-rally. Could be just hanging out.

ncc1701e

Jim, We have the dates reserved on our calendar. The golf seemed to go over fairly well last year. So, I think it would be great fun to have a second round of such fun as an activity in 2014. When appropriate, start a thread where those interested can let their desires be known. Tom

jbeletti

Jim, We have the dates reserved on our calendar. The golf seemed to go over fairly well last year. So, I think it would be great fun to have a second round of such fun as an activity in 2014. When appropriate, start a thread where those interested can let their desires be known. Tom

Tom - in January or so, I'll have a better idea of rally/pre-rally activities and what day/time might be best for the golf outing. I'll work with you then on it. Thanks for volunteering to coordinate it.

Someone has to be first, it may as well be me.
Being from Michigan and having never been to the East Coast, East of Ohio, which is the best, not fastest or shortest, but best route to get to Urbanna, VA. for the Rally.
Let's just start from Toledo, Ohio.
I'm trying to stay off the Toll Roads if possible, why pay, when there may be another route.
I know this will open a whole new can of worms, but let's wiggle our way along together.
I'm sure there are others with the same question that I have.
I have looked at the maps and there seems to be no real direct route.
I have a couple routes in mind, but thought I would ask the better informed than myself for some advice.
Would also like to know what we can expect terrain wise on some of these routes.
We have lots of time to go over the routes.
So, what's your favorite route to Urbanna, VA.?

jnbhobe

Gary, here is one way that's not too bad, about 1 1/2 hr longer than the Pa turnpike. I-80 to Pa exit 123 (woodland) Rt 322 east to I-99S to Bedford, Pa30E to Breezewood, I-70 to Hancock,Md. US522 to Wjnchester,Va, Rt37 to I-81S to 17S to Fredericksburg,Va follow 17 to Urbanna,Va. Its not very hilly and no tolls I drive it a lot from I79 east. If your want to hear more send me a PM with a phone number.

Kbvols

Gary, we live in Northwest Oh approx 1.5 hours southwest of Toledo. I was looking at 75 south to Dayton then 35 east then I 64. I have never been on I-64 . In doing some research there seems to be at least one long grade of 8% if my memory is right. Perhaps someone who has traveled I -64 would let us know how that road is.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders

hi tom....i'm with you on the golf plan. a historical tour of something in the area would also be of intrest. my wife and i have booked the pre-rally week off so we intend to enjoy as much of it as we can. we probably have not met yet, but will i'm sure at the rally. waiting for registration to start and maybe we will chat again before the rally.

dalspot

What Jodi said.. the ONLY way we will go down that way (from DE) is 301 to 17. 17 is a great road. Dual lane most of the way, 55 mph speed limit - hardly ANY traffic. You'll hit some traffic and lights on 301, but it beats the inevitable traffic jam on 95.

The only advice I can give is stay off Interstate 95 if at all possible. Being from Maryland, I can tell you, DC is the pits.