used 2009 Sundance 2900MK Silde tearing laminate

Kathyszac

We are considering purchasing a used 2009 Sundance 2900MK. We love everything about it and it seems well cared for. However, there are tears in the laminate that seem to result from the slide for the couch/dinette. Has anyone experienced this problem or have an explanation for it. We will have the dealer prep the unit and they are aware of our concerns with this issue. We have received a generous discount to repair the floor ourselves, as we suggested. We have purchased from them before and they are quite accommodating. Can you suggest any questions we should ask or things to look for before we finalize the deal?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Kathyszac and welcome to the forum. Lots of great information available here.
Some times the floor can get damaged due to a bad slide adjustment, so have the dealer check that.
I don't know how you plan to repair the damage but many people have replaced the vinyl with laminate.

Peace
Dave

jdamude

We are considering purchasing a used 2009 Sundance 2900MK. We love everything about it and it seems well cared for. However, there are tears in the laminate that seem to result from the slide for the couch/dinette. Has anyone experienced this problem or have an explanation for it. We will have the dealer prep the unit and they are aware of our concerns with this issue. We have received a generous discount to repair the floor ourselves, as we suggested. We have purchased from them before and they are quite accommodating. Can you suggest any questions we should ask or things to look for before we finalize the deal?

We have a 2009 2900MK and had the same issue. In our case the screws that were used to anchor the table down were to long and when the slide was in they were hitting the floor.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
It could be a screw that holds the rollers to the bottom of the slide has come loose. Could be a small rock or two got under the slide rollers.

Kathyszac

thanks for all your responses. You all have been very helpful. We did purchase the unit and had it out for its maiden voyage last week. We loved all the space and conveniences especially since the weather wasn't very cooperative. We thought we had the slide issue figured out. It appeared that it had been repaired, but when we had the slide in and out a few time it was tearing the floor again. The bracket on the exterior wall needs some further adjustments. Wish us luck!

whp4262

You might also want to check that the slide floor has not come loose from the slide wall. I had this problem with my Cyclone and fixed it temporarily but will have to replace the floor at the end of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk