Using "Bearing Buddy's"

Ann&Ted

Has anyone installed and used the product "Bearing Buddy Bearing Protectors" on their 5th Wheel or Travel Trailer? I installed them on an older rebuild 16 ft travel trailer and have them on my utility trailer. They work great for those applications and are recommended on boat (PWC) trailers. I have a 2015 Landmark and have been considering them. Any comment would be appreciated.

Ted

MTPockets

Ted, bearing buddy's have been around for 50+ years and yes, are good on boat trailers due to the fact that the trailer wheels are immersed into water when launching the boat. The wheels are often hot from trailering to the launch, and when the hot wheel is immersed into the lake/river water, the drop in temp can suck water into the hub. The idea of the buddy is that the cavity being full of water proof grease (also used on boat trailers) leaves no room for much water. It works to a point, but even small amounts of water can cause rust that leads to bearing failure. Having said all that, it's not necessary on RV trailer wheels as they don't get dunked. Bearings also run cooler if the cavity is not packed full. The bearing rollers need to be able to roll freely and if the cavity is full, the rollers can't purge the excess and heat builds. Good for boat wheels, but not necessary otherwise. Save your money.

Ann&Ted

Thanks for your input Terry. I hope you and June are doing well. We really miss you guys.

MTPockets

Thanks for your input Terry. I hope you and June are doing well. We really miss you guys.
Wish we were back out there, but life changes and we move on. We miss you both too. We're leaving Arizona Monday for Ft Wayne, IN to be near sons & grandkids.