Using Dish Hopper 3 with Summit TV.

Tomnbeth

Is anyone using a dish hopper 3 receiver box with a Summit tv? How did you get your remote to program to your tv? I have tried all the codes I could find on this site, including the user guides but cannot find a code to program the remote to the tv.
Dish tech said to try codes for Vizio, Sony and Toshiba but nothing worked. I think all those codes are for the VIP receivers.

david-steph2018

Yes we are using the Hopper 3 with the Summit TV. Even the installer for the RF Mogul system could NOT get it to work. He called DISH, RF Mogul in Utah, and a couple of other installers and nothing helped. So if you get it figured out please let me know.

Tomnbeth

Thanks David. I don't think it will be resolved until dish adds Summit to the TV list for the hopper. In the meantime the remote works for everything but tv functions like volume and mute.

david-steph2018

We added a POLK sound bar, it does great. We bought it at Best Buy for a good price, it was an open box buy so we saved a little more on it. The Hopper 3 remote controls the sound on the Polk unit so only thing the TV remote does is on/off.