Value Added Tax = Vat on RV's !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollingHome

Guys, we all RV for fun... it is our safety valve... :angel:I try very hard to keep politics out of my fun stuff and this forum, BUT. I gave up boating because of cost - 32 gallons/hr X $ 4.00 gallon = big $, I don't fly as much because of cost $6.00 + a gallon x 8 ... but dammit I want to commit random acts of Rving :) I just found out, our Federal Government is considering a VAT tax = Value Added Tax ...

Translated, ya buy a $ 60,000.00 BH RV and ya pay a 10% VAT or $ 6,000.00 extra to the FEDS ! + state sales tax in Pennsylvania you are talking $ 9,600.00 on a $ 60,000.00 3670 RL ! Wow, that's just too much ! I'm OK because I have mine ! But what about the fence siters who are thinking about buying ? What about the young folks who want to indulge ? What about the guy who wants to buy my unit so I can up-grade ? When the H_ _ _ does it stop ? How much more do they think they can suck out ? They went down to bone now they are after the marrow ! DO NOT think this can't happen ! They do it in Europe and they do it in the Caribean Islands. They let you buy duty free to promote exports which is a feable attempt to extract just a little more... Jeez when will it end ? Let's you and I keep an eye on these Schanigan's to keep each other alert and aware. :mad:

ihsolutions

Unfortunately, we are all soon to discover the fact there is no free lunch. All this cash the government is burning through has to come from the taxpayers at some point down the line. The majority of country's have a VAT. We may in the not-too-distant future, but not real soon. The current administration calls the VAT a "regressive" tax because it affects the rich and the poor, proportionately. They would prefer something to continue their assault on the wealthy.

As for me, if it gets a whole lot worse, I'll just stop earning. The juice isn't going to be worth the squeeze, after taxes!

Dave012

A VAT is actually regressive because it is disproportionate. Folks who make less money, pay a higher percentage of their income towards VAT because they have to spend more of their income, rather than save it. Typically these taxes are not levied on certain necessities such as food to remove some of that sting, but it still taxes the poor and the middle class more than the wealthy. In Canada they give a credit to low income earners to help out, but that just leaves the burden on the middle class, not the wealthy.

RollingHome

USA Folks, I think we better listen to our Canadian neighbors such as Dave 012... They been there done that type scenarios... Dave please enlighten us to understand and THANK YOU -:) Tom

TXBobcat

Fulltime
There is only one word for the solution.... VOTE !!!!

If we don't vote for the proper people to run this country, we made the bed, now we will have to lay in it.

FWIW
BC

Northern Virginia
Bob, you hit the nail on the head. Come November, we need to send Washington a message that out of control tax and spend polices will cost them their jobs on election day.

Nell

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
The Senate went on record Thursday as overwhelmingly opposed to a value-added tax. They approved a resolution by 85-13 declaring the penalty a "massive tax increase that will cripple families on fixed income."
In the Senate, twelve Democrats and one Republican voted against the resolution, which was sponsored by Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican. What the house might do who knows.

I am from the UK when I left VAT was @ 8%. It is now @ 17% on all utilities. Once in place it just continues to rise and never goes away.

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.