Waiting out the storm!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don and I are in Raton, NM waiting out the storm "Rocky" that has hit the front range of Colorado down to New Mexico. We are on our way back from a month-long trek from Centennial, CO (home) to Elkhart (get rig fixed), on to SweetHeart Rally in Kerrville, Texas, then to Meet-n-Greet in Aransas Pass, Texas. We left Aransas Pass Thursday and decided to "lay low" here in Raton last night because of all the storm & blizzard warnings to our north (along I-25 which is our route). Right now we are experiencing severe winds, gusts to 45mph along with snow :( & the Avs hockey game:)

danemayer

Hi Don and Monica,

Been there and I know you don't want to go through the pass or the next 85 miles until weather improves.

Enjoy the Asian Buffet across the street and ask for the 10% discount for staying at the KOA.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

plumberdude

Stay put! Hope your heat works well!
We are still at Buckhorn! We heard bad winds were head for Clines Corners.
Be Safe
Lori

PeternLiane

Sounds like a good trip with a little layover. I love the snow and being in our trailer while it snows. Stay safe and warm. The Av's gave you some good entertainment tonight.

Safe travels when you start back.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We too had a great time spending time with you at the Sweetheart rally and thanks so much for showing us around the Rockport area. Y'all stay safe!

See you in Goshen.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It was good meeting you guys in Kerrville.
After you left Rockport I saw the weather and thought, "it looks like Don and Monica will have some layover time".
Have a safe trip.

Peace
Dave