Warranty and dealing with Heartland

Mburgess

We just purchased a 19 Heartland Torque 327 at the end of June. When we picked up the unit and got it home, I noticed one side of the couch was leaning. I looked underneath and the particle board is snapped, causing it to sag, to the point that if you sit a drink on the little table that sits on the couch arm, it will start to slide off. This was noticed about a week or so after I got the toy hauler home. I took pictures of everything, including the tag on the couch with the part number and color. I have been in contact with Heartland directly (I am about 4 hrs from a Heartland dealer) since then and have sent them the pictures 3 times. . I have been told multiple times that they have been waiting to Lippert to get back with them to see the route to go. We’re going on almost 2 months of hearing this, every time I speak with the Heartland rep. So this morning, I called Lippert myself and Heartland has not even made a claim or contacted them with the vin so that a case number could be issued. i have owned multiple Coachmen units and have never had an issue with warranty work. . This is the first and last Heartland I will own, and debating on getting rid of it. Sorry for the venting, but going in 2 months, I am a little ****** off about it. Anyone else have these issues with them as well?

danemayer

Is this on the same slideout that you reported the loud popping noise on, and that you adjusted? What's the sequence of events?

Has your dealer evaluated the problems?

Mburgess

Is this on the same slideout that you reported the loud popping noise on, and that you adjusted? What's the sequence of events?

Has your dealer evaluated the problems?

Yes it is on the same slideout, but the couch happened long before the loud pop. I have fixed the slide out issue and all is fine. I am not near a heartland warranty service dealership, they told me to go the route of a local RV service place, and they will communicate with them to resolve the issue. This same rep that was working with the local RV service place wouldn’t email, or call them back either. I was told from Heartland, just this morning that they still haven’t heard back from the Vendor “Lippert”. I called Lippert and they looked into the couch part number and turns out that it isn’t even a product Lippert distributes.

I called the Heartland rep back, and he said “no wonder I haven’t heard back yet”. So I get the I “WILL” get an answer back to you this afternoon!!! The same thing he’s told me 4 times! Obviously he hasn’t even called Lippert or he would have found out the same information that I did in the 10 minutes I was on the phone with them.

RickL

Yes it is on the same slideout, but the couch happened long before the loud pop. I have fixed the slide out issue and all is fine. I am not near a heartland warranty service dealership, they told me to go the route of a local RV service place, and they will communicate with them to resolve the issue. This same rep that was working with the local RV service place wouldn’t email, or call them back either. I was told from Heartland, just this morning that they still haven’t heard back from the Vendor “Lippert”. I called Lippert and they looked into the couch part number and turns out that it isn’t even a product Lippert distributes.

I called the Heartland rep back, and he said “no wonder I haven’t heard back yet”. So I get the I “WILL” get an answer back to you this afternoon!!! The same thing he’s told me 4 times! Obviously he hasn’t even called Lippert or he would have found out the same information that I did in the 10 minutes I was on the phone with them.

i understand your frustration. In getting some of my issues resolved what I found out is Heartland sends the vendor an email. That’s the extent of contact as was my case. If that vendor doesn’t respond back it all goes into a “hold”. Much like you I called the vendor direct and was able to get a resolution. So the simple answer/thought is, why doesn’t Heartland just pick up the phone and make the call. Two reasons in my opinion, the amount of inquires and the way most businesses seem to be programmed in today’s business world.

I now just inquire who the vendor is and deal directly with them. However I make the call to Heartland so the issue is logged in their data bank. That way there is some transparency on the issues and down the road hopefully there is no plausible deniability from any party.

Mburgess

i understand your frustration. In getting some of my issues resolved what I found out is Heartland sends the vendor an email. That’s the extent of contact as was my case. If that vendor doesn’t respond back it all goes into a “hold”. Much like you I called the vendor direct and was able to get a resolution. So the simple answer/thought is, why doesn’t Heartland just pick up the phone and make the call. Two reasons in my opinion, the amount of inquires and the way most businesses seem to be programmed in today’s business world.

I now just inquire who the vendor is and deal directly with them. However I make the call to Heartland so the issue is logged in their data bank. That way there is some transparency on the issues and down the road hopefully there is no plausible deniability from any party.

I agree, you would think after 4 times of me calling him and being in his ear, he would have just done that, so I didn’t keep bugging him. I’ve been in a customer service type career my whole life and I make sure that I atleast kept a customer informed as to what’s going on, even if it was something I couldn’t resolve immediately.

Squirlee

This is the same level of service I have received from Heartland. I too am done giving them my money.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
While getting things repaired on our rig has not been a completely disappointing experience, it has been quite an ordeal. We are 2 months from the end of our factory warranty and do have a mobile tech coming out today. Heartland denied almost half of what we need fixed. Towards the middle rear of the roof we have a screw poking up through the membrane. We were told that there are not screws in the middle of the roof. After pictures were sent to Heartland they still said it is not a screw poking up and to just cover it with a roof vent. A roof vent? I am not one who tells others how good Heartlands service is anymore either. What good is a warranty if you are responsible for fixing things yourself?

Hogladyrider

So the simple answer/thought is, why doesn’t Heartland just pick up the phone and make the call. Two reasons in my opinion, the amount of inquires and the way most businesses seem to be programmed in today’s business world.

I believe you have hit the nail on the head my friend with "the way most businesses seem to be programmed in today's business world." It is indeed become a very sad state of affairs that our society relies on technology so much ILO human contact and communication.

While I am retired from corporate America, I still work part time as a workamper during the summer months and I find that a simple phone call to let a camper know they have received a pkg or we deliver the pkg - the human contact is greatly appreciated in today's society. It is a very sad state of affairs that has been created in the world today with all the technology and lack of plain ol good customer service!

RickL

I believe you have hit the nail on the head my friend with "the way most businesses seem to be programmed in today's business world." It is indeed become a very sad state of affairs that our society relies on technology so much ILO human contact and communication.

While I am retired from corporate America, I still work part time as a workamper during the summer months and I find that a simple phone call to let a camper know they have received a pkg or we deliver the pkg - the human contact is greatly appreciated in today's society. It is a very sad state of affairs that has been created in the world today with all the technology and lack of plain ol good customer service!

I also work as a camphost. And you are correct on the personal touch.

I’m a big believer in technology but I think in the final analysis (at least my hope) businesses will finally figure out that it isn’t the end all. Telephone systems are the most unfriendly item today, the “not my job” attitude that is so prevalent it’s sickening, the Harvard educated idiots that are steeped in theory, with no practical or hands on experience is ruining business ( this statement has cost me a job or two) but I digress.

Business is is run by people, not technology.

Pazmer

We just purchased a 19 Heartland Torque 327 at the end of June. When we picked up the unit and got it home, I noticed one side of the couch was leaning. I looked underneath and the particle board is snapped, causing it to sag, to the point that if you sit a drink on the little table that sits on the couch arm, it will start to slide off. This was noticed about a week or so after I got the toy hauler home. I took pictures of everything, including the tag on the couch with the part number and color. I have been in contact with Heartland directly (I am about 4 hrs from a Heartland dealer) since then and have sent them the pictures 3 times. . I have been told multiple times that they have been waiting to Lippert to get back with them to see the route to go. We’re going on almost 2 months of hearing this, every time I speak with the Heartland rep. So this morning, I called Lippert myself and Heartland has not even made a claim or contacted them with the vin so that a case number could be issued. i have owned multiple Coachmen units and have never had an issue with warranty work. . This is the first and last Heartland I will own, and debating on getting rid of it. Sorry for the venting, but going in 2 months, I am a little ****** off about it. Anyone else have these issues with them as well?
My advice is dump the Heartland on someone that doesn't know about the over price brand. I have had over 200 issues on a 2021 Heartland Landmark. Over 6 months sitting at their factory getting rebuilt.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
To date, we have had a great experience with Heartland warranty. Our problem is all with the dealer we purchased it from. We are currently going on 4 months that they have had our rig and it is still not complete. I've talked with the sales manager and the service manager and expressed my frustration and disappointment with their service.