washer and dryer

roy2

good morning all i have a 2019 bighorn im looking into getting a washer and dryer.im wondering if i need to put water filters on the water. now i use the small blue filters now. were we stay for the winter is in yuma az. the water is nasty all the time. a couple of other places are useing well water high iron in it.i kinda never though about how the water was in the washers we used at the parks.now not sure what i need to do now.so a little help thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's not likely those little blue plastic filters will do much for you. Go to RV Water Filter Store's website and do some research on setting up a two or three stage filtering system.

centerline

use a GOOD engineered water filter system like JohnDar is referring to, and if that still isnt enough, install a reverse osmosis system after the filters.... at least for the drinking water faucet, and the rest of the water needs can be used directly after the triple stage filtering...

RickL

If you are going to be spending anytime in Yuma, one definitely needs to either invest in a soft water conditioner, I’d recommend at least 16000 or greater, or if you here for 3 months or more there are water conditioner places that will rent you a “house” size unit for the season somewhat reasonable. Mostly around $375 for a 6 month stay. You can use the smaller more compact conditioners but if you wash clothes and have two staying in the rig they last about 3 weeks then you will need to recharge.

I run 3 filters in my rig, a 5 micron, a 1 micron, and then a charcoal filter. I change about every 3 months when in Yuma. When you take them out they may not look too bad, but you’ll be amazed at the increase in water pressure after the change.

I was told the water in Yuma can either come from wells or the canal. Either way it’s nasty water unfiltered or conditioned.

david-steph2018

good morning all i have a 2019 bighorn im looking into getting a washer and dryer.im wondering if i need to put water filters on the water. now i use the small blue filters now. were we stay for the winter is in yuma az. the water is nasty all the time. a couple of other places are useing well water high iron in it.i kinda never though about how the water was in the washers we used at the parks.now not sure what i need to do now.so a little help thanks

We spent the last weekend of February in Yuma. We stayed at Araby Acres RV Park on East 32nd St., across the road is a place called Wally's World.
I went there and it turned out they are a RV parts surplus place. They have good prices on somethings and not so good on other items. I purchased a white mounting bracket for 3 filters for $8.00. Plus I purchased 2 sets of filters for $40.00 total. Give them a visit and see what they have and compare the prices.

roy2

thanks you guys i had some older filters caseing i used to use years ago i tryed to rebulid them.i didnt do to well with them so i went out a bought new ones.all is well now. thanks for all the info.

roy2

just wondering how much water comes out when your cleaning that filter on the splendide washer.

RickL

just wondering how much water comes out when your cleaning that filter on the splendide washer.
Not sure what you mean? There is no filter that I’m aware of on a splendide washer. (We have had one for 4 years). As for water filters I use as I stated earlier 3 in-line filters. All three in canisters which I prefer as I can see what the filters actually look like and can adjust my replacement as needed.

JohnDar

Not sure what you mean? There is no filter that I’m aware of on a splendide washer. (We have had one for 4 years). As for water filters I use as I stated earlier 3 in-line filters. All three in canisters which I prefer as I can see what the filters actually look like and can adjust my replacement as needed.

Actually there is a lint trap on a Splendide combo. It’s down at the bottom front of the cabinet. Get your owners manual and check out how to access it. There may be upwards of a cup of water to deal with when you service it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy2

in the book it shows a filter or a lint trap lower left side of the washer on ours.

JohnDar

OOPS, my bad. On the combo unit, there really isn't a lint trap, per se, but a "trap" of sorts to catch any objects like buttons or coins dropping out in the drum so they don't reach the pump. That's the little panel on the lower right front. The unit is supposed to blow lint out the dryer exhaust. But. from experience, you should check it occasionally to be sure there isn't accumulated lint holding the flapper open on the exhaust port outside.

mlpeloquin

In our SOB I went with Clearsource Ultra with a half micron filter which they say has virus guard. So far almost one year and still allows more than enough flow for everything. I will change all three filter at one year. Full timers may only get three to four months until a filter change, I do not need the UV filter any more. My wife has her immune system suppressed to control Lymphangioleiomyomatosis. So the half micron filter is very important for us.

roy2

About 3 large towels worth. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the info i used only one towel little amount of water coming out and another surprise for me there is no filter in there. that peace that came out just has a hole in it.i call the company they said there is no filter in there. thanks