Washer & dryer choices

TXgearhead

We have a Pinnacle washer/dryer combo in the Montana that we are trading in. Wife asked if I wanted to keep it and use in the Oshkosh. Not only no, but **** no.
So we are internet shopping for side by sides. I think I would prefer a Whirlpool, Amana, Fridgidaire, etc. for ease of service. Mostly what I'm seeing are Asian brands. I thought for awhile I was on to something with Ariston, but soon found it was a Splendide and a bit pricey. For those with the Ariston, are you OK with it? Any other brands recommended? We've been all over the usual sites....Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.
Last question for today! I think.

Oregon_Camper

You're looking for a side-by-side for your RV? Which RV has a configuration that allows side-by-side?

We just installed the stacking Splendide washer/dryer and have been on a 7 week trip with them. They are fantastic. Not sure why we waited 2 year to install them?? :confused:

Here is my YouTube video with install info, if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/g1wLohuKu-M

mikeandconnie

7 years with the same Splendide stackable washer and dryer using them 350 days a year and don't forget bouncing down the highway . We have not a single day of trouble and very happy with ours. Now side by side in our Oshkosh.

Mike

Garypowell

We have had the Splendide combo for seven years now with virtually no problems. I’d spend the little extra.

TXgearhead

After much more shopping, it looks like Splendide is about it. We can find smaller size washers but no dryers that are 110 volt, that don't seem to be cheap Asian throw aways.
Thanks for all y'alls help...…..

mthompson

We have had the Splendide combo for seven years now with virtually no problems. I’d spend the little extra.

I'm having trouble with my Splendid Ariston TVM63X (NA) Dryer not drying the clothes, does anyone know where to get parts or troubleshooting info? Thanks, Mark

Garypowell

Mark,

don’t have your model but call the service folks listed in your manual. I said we had no trouble and then remembered a door issue when we first bought and the factory folks were excellent.

mthompson

Mark,

don’t have your model but call the service folks listed in your manual. I said we had no trouble and then remembered a door issue when we first bought and the factory folks were excellent.

Gary, I really appreciate your quick response, however I don't have a manual and the only one I can find online is from a UK company.

danemayer

Gary, I really appreciate your quick response, however I don't have a manual and the only one I can find online is from a UK company.

Look on the washer for a label from the distributor. I've forgotten the name, but I think they may be helpful.

Not sure if you made your W/D decision yet, but I did a search and found a "Compact" Bosch W/D, side by side at HD. Each unit is 24 inches wide. I do recall looking at a Oshkosh, and one of the reasons we liked it, was that the location was very convenient for our needs - in a hall versus taking ou valuable space in the Master Closet.

Steve

TXgearhead

Not sure if you made your W/D decision yet, but I did a search and found a "Compact" Bosch W/D, side by side at HD. Each unit is 24 inches wide. I do recall looking at a Oshkosh, and one of the reasons we liked it, was that the location was very convenient for our needs - in a hall versus taking ou valuable space in the Master Closet.

Steve
Thanks but it looks like the dryers are all condensation, not vented. I've heard to stay away from them
But I did find a couple other possibilities at HD.

We have a Pinnacle washer/dryer combo in the Montana that we are trading in. Wife asked if I wanted to keep it and use in the Oshkosh. Not only no, but **** no.
So we are internet shopping for side by sides. I think I would prefer a Whirlpool, Amana, Fridgidaire, etc. for ease of service. Mostly what I'm seeing are Asian brands. I thought for awhile I was on to something with Ariston, but soon found it was a Splendide and a bit pricey. For those with the Ariston, are you OK with it? Any other brands recommended? We've been all over the usual sites....Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.
Last question for today! I think.
We have the 2020 Oshkosh and have seen the Splendide W/D side by side in Youtube videos but am being told by our dealer that our coach isn't set-up for side-by-side, only stackable. I'm calling BS but would like to know how yours is set-up in that space across from the bathroom. Ours has a wall between the two closet spaces, did you remove that?

TXgearhead

We didn't have a wall in the closet, just a clothes rod all the way across side to side. I put side by side Magic Chef 2.0 cu ft washer ($269) and 3.5 cu ft dryer ($311) in there. The dryer barely fit front to back. Got them from Home Depot. Also bought extended warranty for about $75 each. No issues with either unit, we aren't full time though. For us the risk/reward for the Magic Chef vs. Splendide made sense.

We didn't have a wall in the closet, just a clothes rod all the way across side to side. I put side by side Magic Chef 2.0 cu ft washer ($269) and 3.5 cu ft dryer ($311) in there. The dryer barely fit front to back. Got them from Home Depot. Also bought extended warranty for about $75 each. No issues with either unit, we aren't full time though. For us the risk/reward for the Magic Chef vs. Splendide made sense.
Great, thanks for the feedback!