Waste water help

Skychief

Help please,
I have a 2015 Big County fifth wheel. Without knowing better I left the valves opens onto everything as a permanent camper 3 months ago. Now the waste water will not go down so from what I read on the internet I figured what happened to us was the “Poop Pyramid “. Now I don’t think so since I stuck a thin board down the toilet and didn’t see any waste on it. I drilled a hole “which I will have to fix” close to the nearest elbow to the trailer and shoved a 1/2 per pipe into into it and ran water into it. I had about 2 gallons of brown water come out with the fresh water mixed with it and from than on it was all clear no matter how much I shoved the 10’ piece of pex hose up into the 3” sewer drain. I have standing water in the toilet that hasn’t went down at all. My only thought is that the valve somehow broke and closed by itself and the 10’ per pipe that I am shoving all the way up is going up into the gray tanks. I will shut the valves to those tomorrow just in case that is what is happening, but if that’s not the case what could it be? Any help would be most helpful as soon as possible.

mlpeloquin

The valves are manual and do not close by themselves. That being said, when the rigs are built they cut the openings for the drain and air vent. The cutout sometimes falls into the tank. It has upon occasion found its way to block the drain opening. The fix is to back flush the black tank to dislodge the disk and then poop and poop water will flow. There are companies that do do tank cleanout services and are mobile. At this point that would be my choice having standing water in the toilet that will not drain.

Bogie

The valves are manual and do not close by themselves. That being said, when the rigs are built they cut the openings for the drain and air vent. The cutout sometimes falls into the tank. It has upon occasion found its way to block the drain opening. The fix is to back flush the black tank to dislodge the disk and then poop and poop water will flow. There are companies that do do tank cleanout services and are mobile. At this point that would be my choice having standing water in the toilet that will not drain.
You could try to back flush with one of THESE. But you will probably have to fix the hole you drilled first.

taskswap

If you have a hole already, maybe try an endoscope? I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MV6X4M4 for $50 off Amazon a month or two ago and have come to see them as an essential RV "tool" especially since Heartland is so cagey about giving out wiring or plumbing diagrams. They can give you a whole new view on a ceiling space, under-belly cavity... or in your case something deeper :)

GK2018

You could try turning the water off to the RV and using a manual hand snake stick it down the toilet opening and try twisting it by hand to loosen up the blockage. If/as the blockage clears add some water to help the process along. We had the same issue when we first started out and it was winter time so our poop pyramid actually froze, now that was a ton of fun! (Lots of sarcasm there haha). I wouldn't recommend an electric snake as it might have too much power and either not work as well or make one heck of a mess.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk