Water Dispenser No Flow Fix

Willym

My water dispenser on my 2011 RM1350 has failed a few times. The first time the solenoid valve was sticky and was replaced under warranty. In the past 12 months flow has stopped a few times but after some troubleshooting - disconnecting lines, verifying solenoid valve (SV) operation etc, flow came back. After the last failure, I disconnected the line at the SV, had someone operate the dispenser switch and got flow from the SV. I then tried to blow the line back from the dispenser nozzle and found no flow. After disconnecting the line inside the fridge, I tried pushing a wire through it hoping to dislodge an obstruction. The wire did not g there was an ice plug in the line just where it enters the fridge. The line runs very close to the fins on the fridge cooler, and since we run the fridge at setting 4, it was freezing and stopping flow. A warm cloth thawed it out and re-established flow. To try to prevent further freeze ups I have wedged a piece of styrofoam between the line and the cooler fins. So far, so good.