water faucets

roy2

just wondering i have a squeeky hot water valve and it a little hard to turn. has any one sprayed wd 40 on them would it help.just wondering thats all.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are food grade lubricants that you could try. You most likely would have to remove the faucet valve to lube it.
Many people have replaced the RV installed faucets with better quality residential faucets.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

There are food grade lubricants that you could try. You most likely would have to remove the faucet valve to lube it.
Many people have replaced the RV installed faucets with better quality residential faucets.

Peace
Dave
Yes, just like Dave said, don't waste your time on lube or replace with another RV faucet, I have ordered on line for a reasonable price a 4 inch faucet for the bathroom sink and never had a squeak again, been in use several years now. JMHO

SLO

Caution! Don’t use WD40 on any plumbing valves. Use food grade silicone grease on valve, but you’ll have to disassemble it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roy2

thanks all i realy dont want to crawl up under there. unless i have to. thanks again.

mlpeloquin

Plumbers grease can be purchased at Home Depot, Low's, ACE hardware, or any plumbing shop. Use plumbers grease.